Chapter Seven: Unknown Stranger

"What..?" I lowly mumble, as she takes the spray, revealing her wound. It was a cut, something with a curve possibly. Luckily it wasn't deeper, or she would've had a serious injury. 

"To find where you were, it wasn't hard." She laughs lightly, as the spray covers her cut, making her wince from the change of temperature. "A huge opening made it easy, but after the explosion I was forced to go back--"

"You were there!? Where the explosion was!?" My voice echo's.

"I escape before it could get me, someone was with me--they got away." My head turns to where that women went. "It was a man, in black." She groans, applying more pressure. "This creature got me, it's head was a brain--it followed sound....it cut me with it's long claw."

"You found one of those too?" Her eyes darken, like she wanted me to say something else. "God, I shouldn't have left you--"

"There's gonna be moments where you can't always be there." She snaps. "I have to learn to protect myself." Her eyes glare into mine, first time I felt intimidated by her. "After that, I made it back, Marvin he--he was a walking corpse."

"He turned?" She nods, standing up.

"I shot him, Leon." Her voice breaks a bit, as she looks away, making the light reflect her glossy eyes. "I shot Marvin."

"You did what you had to." I cut in, grabbing her arms beside her. "I'm happy you're still here."

"For how long?" She whispers, clenching her jaw as she looks away.

"Hey." My voice lowers. Her eyes connect with mine again, a lost of faith glimmers. "Nothing yet right? You keep fighting."

"Thank you, Leon." I watch her arm extend, expecting our distance to close, she gives me a pat on my shoulder. She presses her lips together forming a slight smile, as she starts leading the way the woman in red went. "Would've made a killer cop." 

"I'm glad somebody thinks so." I lightly chuckle, as that faith starts glowing in her eyes again.

Y/N holds her gun up, pushing the door aggressively, I follow along, seeing her eye the gated door. Slowly I approach it before she rushed across the room, finding a map, her eyes going through every section. Her face shows fear, but I can tell she's preparing for the worst, these are the jail cells. Lightly I tap her shoulder, her neck snaps towards me, as I nudge my head to the entrance of the cells.

The gate creaks, making growls erupt once more, lightly we jog through, seeing those infected stuck in their cells. Back and forth we look, passing by the extremely long hall of the somewhat prisoners. We turn left, seeing a dead end, but one more cell--it was quiet.

"Hello?" The light provides a clear view, of a man sitting down on the bench, smoking a cigarette. 

"Hey." Y/N and I state in unison.

"I don't believe it, a real human." He stands up, leaning near Y/N. "Hello, human."

"Have you been here long?" I respond, seeing his gaze change from Y/N to me.

"Long enough. Are we the last ones alive?" He questions, seemingly calm while asking a question so dark.

"There are others, we're not completely extinct." Y/N speaks up.

"That's good news....I guess. Unless of course Irons sent you two." Y/N and I exchange glances.

"Irons? You mean Chief Irons? Is he still around?" I ask.

"Who cares? Hopefully, he's somebody's dinner by now." Y/N eyebrows furrow from the sudden remark, I open my mouth but she beats me to it.

"Wanna explain?" She sternly responds.