Chapter Fourteen: Records and Observations

At the end, a huge vent is propped open, like someone beat us to this place. Leon drops himself down, turning around to help me. Bending down, my legs hang over the ledge, reminding me of that fantasy-like reptile. Leon holds out his arms, taking my time I scooch myself towards the drop, inch by inch. Gaining confidence, I drop, feeling his secure grip on my torso. Our eyes meet, as he slowly places me down, childish thought's come into play, like a princess being caught by her prince. 

Standing, my head touches the wall behind me, Leon unconsciously pushing me against the wall. I rapidly blink, examining the room we are in, a click breaks the silence, the light shinning from the tube he's holding. We're in the kitchen behind the lunchroom, it's a straight line, two doors ahead showing two colors. One was green, the other blue, for limited options we skip the blue door.

He raises his wrist, the door sliding with a higher speed than before. A corpse stands, this time with protective gear instead of a lab coat. Leon without hesitation shoots him, the body going limp on the ground. He walks over, adding another bullet to his skull, rather be safe than sorry. The hall seems similar since we are offered one door again, wasting no time, we open the door. It was a waiting room, the lights were off except for one red one, blinking in the distance.

Walking along the room, Leon finds lockers, opening the three doors at the same time. A curtain beside me dented inwards, like a body was slammed, or a punch was thrown. Squinting my eyes, a small blue rectangle, almost shaped like a razorblade sat on top of the ledge. 

"Can I see your bracelet?" Grabbing the chip, I turn around, opening my palm towards him. Leon slides off the technology, placing it on my hand. Flipping the band over, I pry off the cover protecting the existing chip. Swapping the paces of it, I force the lid back on, a snap erupting. "Here, we have security access now." Handing it back, he takes it, his finger sliding across my hand.

"I should be able to have both access right?" He asks, putting it back on.

"Yeah, it's higher authority, it should open both." Leon hums in approval, as the door slides, everything quiet. 

Passing through rooms, we are able to skip the ladder, the security access giving us a short cut towards the lobby. Sprinting pass the host desk, Leon quickly opens the magic door, revealing a spacious room. The NEST itself, it was horrifying but strangely beautiful, it was a researchers dream to be able to have a space and budget like this. A bridge folds out, as I take steps forward, the silence was deafening.

"Leon...?" Curiously I turn my head, seeing him find another recorder, the device pressed against his ear.

"West Area is where the G-Virus is." Take a glance over, the light on the bridges are a higher authority than what we have on our bracelets. 

"We can only access East Area, the scanners are purple--must be maybe a scientists chip?" I point out the side, seeing Leon take a look as he walks up to me. 

"Let's find ourselves a chip." He passes by me, aiming toward the security access bridge. 

The metal smoothly folds out, hearing the lock, we start walking along. Our actions having a pattern, walk along, open doors, and it continues. My hand flies by my face, hitting away a bug. Disgusted, I find smoke pouring out of a vent, bugs escaping and devouring the plant below. We move along, another lobby leading into the testing room. I don't try to take a look around, the computers are down and files are everywhere.

"Educated guess....this room is next to a testing room, so I imagine these are years of data or log sheets." Picking up a page, I spot the words, like it was copied and pasted from the original lobby. 

"The testing room should have a lab, wanna take a look?" Stretching my legs, Leon waits beside the door.

"Yeah, especially since it could tell us what we're walking into." He raises his arm, the door accepting our access.