Chapter Eighteen: Blood

[Leon's point of view]

Almost at the exit, the huge man crashes down. When I was separated from Y/N, he appeared, deformed, a lab coat stretched along his body. Parts of him abnormally gigantic compared to his body.

"You again!?" I shout, aiming my pistol at the monster. The door opening behind me, revealing a injured Annette Birkin.

"Move, he's mine." She takes a step forward, aiming her gun at the damned thing. "This has to end." Taking a shot, the scientist screams in agony, falling down to his knees.

"What the hell is going on!?" I ask, as Annette takes another step.

"Sorry, William." With a limp, she continues on. "You left me no choice." Another bullet hits him, the scream returning as it fights the pain. Dropping down, his body stops moving, declaring him dead.

Rushing forward, I steady my pistol, kneeling down to identify what I've been fighting. 

"You call this thing 'William', why?" Annette's expression grim, she shakes her head, her only attention onto the body.

"It shouldn't have been like this....It's Umbrella's fault--this whole mess." Her blood pressure increased, as her grim look turns cold. Anger developing in her heart. Blaming this on her own facility, it doesn't add up.

"You're Umbrella too. You're telling me you weren't involved on this?" The feeling of betrayal sneaking it's way in, I remember Y/N is waiting for me.

"Yes..." Finally being able to look at me, her jaw clenches. "But we never meant for this to happen!" She yells, the echo making her voice stronger. Jumping to my feet, I storm up to her, demanding the truth. 

"Then tell me everything-- right from the start." Gathering her thoughts, I patiently give her a moment.

"My husband and fellow scientist, William Birkin was raided for the G-Virus. He was shot, bleeding out, after they took the samples from him. To try and stop them, he injected himself with the virus. I found him, early stages of mutation." Turning her head, she examines her dead husband's body.

"So you made this monster?" My tone stern.

"We made the G-Virus, but never intended this to--" Angry at the immaturity and sheer irresponsibly, I raise my voice.

"You can spin it any way you want. You're still responsible." The monster's huge arm grabs Annette, shaking our platform. Tossing her body against the wall, the virus developing as he stands again. Dodging the attacks, we spin around on the platform. It starts moving down. "What're you doing!?" Annette holding her side, presses a red button. 

"We can't let him get away!" She shouts, blood slowly leaking from her lips. Quick thinking, I hop off the railing, landing down on the next floor.

'[Class A] breach detected.'

"Alright, we end this here." Aiming my pistol, he stand there, preparing to attack.

'Lab quarantined until target is neutralized'

Shit. I can't go to Y/N unless I fully kill him. I'm trapped with this thing. Orange eyes pop out, exposing it's weak point towards me. Ducking, he swings, the claws hitting the pipes behind me. Lowering my head, I sprint through, getting enough space between us. Shooting at the eye, it pops, taking almost a whole clip of my ammo. More retinas develop in the middle of his body, they are smaller, but hopefully easier to get all.

Continuing to shoot, it charges at me, taking another swing. Throwing myself to the side, I land on my back, another set of pipes exploding from the slight touch. Spraying my pistol takes out most of the eyes, scooting backwards he slowly positions himself. I have to get back to Y/N, I have to. Entering a new clip, I'm shoved back. The bullets fly, William starts to lose balance, giving me a chance to get back up on my feet.