2: The Library and the Librarian

Chapter 2: The Library and the Librarian
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

Endbanner has something to say: Okay. Ignore the bronze, silver, and gold nonsense I wrote here. I was writing this story on a whim back then and couldn't remember about Ryo and all that stuff. AGAIN, please do ignore the gold coins nonsense, it will be changed in the next chapter!

On a wooden chair, Naruto sat with both of his legs crossed, his eyes glued to the pages of a book. The book had a crimson red for the cover with a whirlpool pattern enveloping the entire book. In the middle, bold letters read "The Art of Fuinjutsu."

It's been two days since he got this book from that careless ninja. Ever since then, he found himself addicted to reading. He finished reading the entire book on the first day, but he found himself unable to let go of the book and kept reading it over and over again. It came to the point where he would always carry the book no matter if he was outside or in the toilet.

"Iyaa!" From Naruto's mouth, a girlish squeal came out while he hugged the book like it was his long lost brother. "Fuinjutsu is sooo awesome!"

Flip—Flip—Flip—

Flipping the pages one after the other, Naruto's eyes sparkled with endless delight. After reading it so many times, he could now recite the entire book by memory.

"The Art of Fuinjutsu" talked about the beginner level of fuinjutsu. Stuff like the special ink and paper required, basic patterns in fuinjutsu, and common fuinjutsu roadblocks were carefully explained in detail to make it easier to understand, but it still came out as gibberish garbage to most people. Only those with talent or interest in fuinjutsu will spend the time reading this complex literature.

The book also mentioned how objects and living beings can be sealed into other objects or living beings. There was even a chapter about two sealing masters who was able to seal a living person's consciousness into another person, and a seal master who could permanently disable someone's body part simply by touching them.

"I wish I could make seals, but I don't know what chakra is!" Naruto knew very little about chakra. He only knew that chakra is used to form ninjutsu, that ninjas use them, and that people need chakra to live.

"I wonder if there are books about chakra in the library. But the librarians would always kick me out..." As soon as he finished the sentence, his head lowered, sorrow seeping into his eyes, his smile turning into a frown. "N-no, maybe there's a library that wouldn't kick me out!" Convincing himself, Naruto stood up

Crackle—!

After standing up, Naruto felt something fall and looking down, he realized that paper wrappers were all over the place. He was eating some snacks wrapped in paper wrappers while he read, and after some time, he forgot about it and only remembered now. "Ah! What a mess!"

Thud! Thud! Thud!

Rushing to the corner near the door, Naruto grabbed a broom and a dust pan and swept the floor clean. Satisfied, he threw the waste into the trash bin.

"Hmm?"

As he was about to twist the doorknob, Naruto caught a glimpse of something red in the corner of his eyes. Looking toward its direction, Naruto squinted his eyes and realized that it was his coin purse. Picking it up, he opened the wallet with a "pop!"

"Huh?" Frowning, Naruto poured the coin purse's content into the table.

Tak–tak–tak...

Rubbing his eyes, Naruto counted the number of coins that fell from the coin purse.