Land of Waves (3): Benjiro and Sasuke's Teamwork.

Chapter 26: Land of Waves (3): Benjiro and Sasuke's Teamwork.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

End Banner has something to say: We've decided to rewrite the earlier chapters of the story, and the first chapters to be rewritten will be Chapters 1 - 9. Aside from that, thank you to my patrons and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Hearing a sharp, braking sound, Kakashi's heart leaped, beating as if he had woken up from a nightmare. In less than a moment, Kakashi's figure vanished, leaving behind a faint afterimage. When he appeared again, he was standing in front of Yukito's carriage with his hand raised up high, holding a kunai.

TANG!

The kunai was infused with chakra, so when the senbon that was flying toward the carriage was hit by the kunai, the senbon ricocheted into the ground not far from Kakashi's feet.

"Tiger (tori), rabbit/hare (u), boar (i), ram (hitsuji), dog (inu), ox (ushi), snake (mi), Earth Style: Earth Wall!"

BAM! GRRR...

After Kakashi slammed his hands on the ground, the earth shook and a 10 feet tall, 2 feet thick earth wall was erected from the ground.

CRACK—CRACK—CRACK!

When Kakashi heard the wall crack from the other side, he knew that the enemy was still attacking them. The veins on Kakashi's forehead throbbed, and he poured more chakra into the earth wall. Finally, after one minute, the attacker stopped their assault.

When the enemy left, Kakashi breathed a sigh of relief. He looked back and saw the senbon on the ground, snapped in two, and the unscathed black and red carriage. There wasn't even a tiny scratch on the carriage!

'Thankfully, nothing too bad happened. Otherwise, I'm afraid Konoha will lose a lot of missions when Yukito-san tells this accident to the other countries...'

For a ninja village to lose sources of missions, it was the same as cutting off their lifeline.

"Jōnin Kakashi, what is going on?!"

'For now, I'll have to pacify an angry client... sigh.'

"Yukito-san, I'm really sorry. We didn't expect that a bandit would suddenly come out of nowhere."

Obviously, it was a lie.

Kakashi knew that the enemy was most likely the hunter-nin from before, but if he said that, Yukito would get angrier. Instead, if he blamed it on a non-existed bandit, Yukito wouldn't feel as aggrieved. It's like how your mother wouldn't get angry at you if you blamed the cat for breaking a glass vase.

There were a lot of bandits around anyway, Kakashi didn't believe that his lie would be exposed, as Yukito's servant was away, doing god knows what.

"Hmm... do your job better, or I'll put this on the mission report."

"Thank you, Yukito-sama."

'But damn, that was impressive. The carriage was able to block the chakra-infused senbon. The senbon even snapped!'

While Kakashi was looking in awe at the carriage, Yukito was laughing inside. He saw through Kakashi's lie, but there was no need to expose it.

"Zabuza-sama, the mission failed," inside an old, humble wooden house, a ninja wearing an oval mask with the symbol of the kirigakure bowed to a man covered in bandages. The man was lying on a wooden bed, and upon hearing the ninja's voice, he slowly opened his eyes.