34: Chunin Exams (6): Jiraiya and the Prophecy

Chapter 34: Chunin Exams (6): Jiraiya and the Prophecy.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

STEP. STEP. CRUNCH. SQUINT—

In front of a thick, iron fence, three genins stepped out of the training ground 44. Met with the blinding rays of sunlight, all three of them squinted their eyes, using their hands to provide shade for their eyes.

The three were a team of two boys and a girl. The girl had black hair that was tied into a bun behind her head. One of the boys had trim, slick black hair, while the other had long, silky brown hair that was tied into a ponytail behind his back.

All three of them possess strong jawlines and delicate faces, their skin was flawlessly smooth, their eyes were glossy and vibrant, and their lips were plump and red. Their existence makes others believe that they are pampered by the gods above.

TAP. TAP. TAP.

Suddenly, all three of them stopped simultaneously, their shoulders trembling, and their heads bowed down.

Finally, one of them couldn't hold back and jumped into the air, his hair tie undoing itself, letting his brown hair bloom like a flower in mid-air, and his lips curved into a sunny smile.

"All right! I qualified for the next phase!" Hiroko cheered, his arms waving in the air after he landed.

The boy with black hair sighed, while the girl smirked and nudged Ken's arm with her elbows. She said, "Let's go to a ramen shop. It'll be my treat!"

"YEAH!" Hiroko punched the air, "I'll treat you guys to barbecue and dango as well!"

Ken laughed. Hiroko's favorite snack is ramen, Akemi's favorite snack is dango, and his favorite snack is barbecue.

"Then, I'll bring you two to the beautiful spots in the hidden leaf village," Ken smiled. Hiroko and Akemi abruptly turned to look him in the eye, their grins reaching their ears.

"It's a promise!"

"Okay, now that we've eaten our fill, let's go to the garden..."

Ken said, but he stopped when he saw Hiroko halt. Akemi looked at him before following his gaze to look at Hiroko, "Guys," Hiroko said, before looking at his two teammates with a light smile on his face.

"I have a surprise for you, but first, you have to return to the apartment!" Hiroko grinned.

Akemi tilted her head, "Why—?"

"Okay, we'll return to the apartment," Ken said before dragging Akemi away and leaving Hiroko behind. Hiroko didn't move, looking at his teammates; departing backs. When the two disappeared into the crowd, he turned his head to his right and locked his gaze on a man with spiky white hair sitting on a boulder.

His legs were crossed, his eyes were closed, and his breathing was steady. He seems to be meditating, but failing spectacularly judging by the way his brows violently twitched every three seconds.

Hiroko's face turned flat, 'I wonder if I'll leave this village in one piece,' I thought, and approached the white-haired man when I noticed the small toads surrounding him.

Kak—kak!

(A/N: Apparently, that's a sound that toads make.)

'Amazing. I didn't even sense them!'