66: Mei Terumi

Chapter 66: Mei Terumi

Arc: Kirigakure's Civil War

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

After changing to another disguise, now they looked like a well-off couple... well, compared to the rest of Kirigakure.

"Hana-chan, let's go," Naruto said as he held Hinata's hand. The latter nodded, secretly activating her byakugan. However, even after her dojutsu was active, her eyes never changed to the signature look of the byakugan.

It was thanks to Naruto's seal.

'By using a faint, undetectable genjutsu, Hinata can hide her byakugan from view... Unless a ninja uses chakra to disrupt the seal, no one will know she has her byakugan active. Unless the other person has the byakugan.'

After they walked outside of the ninja's encirclement, Naruto frowned.

'Yagura paused... and then another chakra signature appeared,' he thought as he noted that the second chakra signature was faint. if it hadn't shown itself to Yagura, he wouldn't have sensed it. After the second chakra signature appeared, Yagura suddenly looked at him.

'No,' Naruto shook his head. 'He's looking in our direction, not me.'

Naruto was sure of it.

'That second person is a sensor... although how come I never sensed him sensing me? Also, why doesn't he tell Yagura our exact location?'

Naruto pondered.

'Something is amiss. I just know it.'

Inside a white tent, a beauty with long auburn hair looked up as she sensed her trusted man, Ao, coming toward her tent.

"Ao, why are you here?" She asked and placed down the folder she was holding. She sighed, releasing the pent-up stress inside her head.

When the tent opened, it revealed a middle-aged man with blue hair and an eye patch. He bowed to Mei before relaying his report. "Terumi-sama, there has been a change in the village."

"A change?" Mei raised her eyebrow. "What kind of change? Was our plan foiled?" She asked. They had been waiting for time to pass. Because long before the civil war officially began, Mei and Ao had already recognized that a genjutsu was placed upon the fourth Mizukage.

Sadly, they couldn't undo the genjutsu without killing the Mizukage, so they had no choice but to kill and replace him. They were loyal ninjas, so their priority was the village. As the fourth Mizukage, they were sure that Yagura would forgive them in the afterlife.

After recognizing the genjutsu on the fourth Mizukage, they placed a subtle seal that would slowly destroy the genjutsu from within, thereby killing Yagura.

The problem was...

'Somehow, the genjutsu persisted. Although thankfully, the seal was not damaged and the genjutsu is getting weaker and weaker... I suspect that someone is constantly refreshing the genjutsu on Yagura-sama,' Mei shook her head and awaited Ao's response.

"No, Terumi-sama. I received a report that most kiri-nin had left their post to support the Mizukage..."

Ao had to stop when he saw Mei form a slight smile. The smile was sweet and looked good on Mei's face, but it filled Ao with dread.

"Ahem! The kiri-nin left their post to support Lord Fourth Mizukage. Apparently, there is an intruder inside the village who forced Lord Fourth Mizukage into his chakra cloak. Now, the entire village is trying to find that intruder as he had somehow escaped the Mizukage's... ahem! Lord Fourth's assault."