44: Konoha Crush (4), Forbidden Jutsus

Chapter 44: Konoha Crush (4), Forbidden Jutsus.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

SWOOOSH... WOOOSH...

His long, onyx hair swayed with the cold breeze as he stands atop a tall, ancient tree, his eyes emitting a faint golden light that invited the darkest thoughts, his smile carved crookedly on his face as he waited with arms crossed.

CHHH...

Suddenly, from across a tree, a boy with red hair flickered in existence, his fiery lavender eyes staring at the black-haired man with eyes full of greed and caution. Like the black-haired man, he too crossed his arms, standing like a frozen human.

'He used up a fourth of his chakra,' Naruto thought and he sensed his own chakra. 'I used a tenth of my chakra.'

Logically speaking, he had the advantage. The problem was if he can take advantage of his higher chakra reserve. 'Only time will tell,' Naruto mused, watching as Orochimaru lick his lips.

"You are quite brave, Naruto-kun," he chuckled, making the redhead frown. 'How distasteful,' Naruto thought, spitting saliva on the leaves below his feet.

"I know my limits, Orochimaru. I know that even if I can't catch the snake today, the snake can't bite me," Naruto said as a grin formed on his face, his thick fang making his face look feral like a hungry wolf.

"We'll see about that," Orochimaru chuckled and opened his mouth. To Naruto's disgust, a brown python slithered out of Orochimaru's mouth, opening its reptilian mouth to reveal a pristine single-edged long sword.

"The Sword of Kusanagi," Naruto muttered. 'I heard that the Kusanagi Sword can cut through anything. I wonder if that's true.'

While Orochimaru was unsheathing his blade, Naruto took the chance to summon a small scroll. "Unseal," he mumbled and a Chokuto poofed into existence. The sword was made from the best Chakra Steel and was forged by the greatest blacksmith in the land of iron.

'I hope that guy is still kicking,' Naruto smiled at the memory of his unlikely friend and held his Chokuto with his right hand, channeling chakra through its blade.

They say that you can only gain mastery over the blade if you trust your sword with your life.

'I'll use the Adamantine Chains in tandem with the sword just in case,' he thought and slowly stabilized his chakra to form the chains at any moment.

'I wonder if it can cut through the Adamantine Chains.'

"Let's try it," Naruto mumbled and flickered behind Orochimaru.

SLASH!

Orochimaru smirked, and with his bent body that now looked like an upside-down "L", he swung his sword toward Naruto whose eyes were narrowed.

SWING—FOOSH!

Before the blade could cut through Naruto's waist, the latter jumped and brought his sword downward.

'Here it is,' Naruto thought as he watched the Kusanagi Sword trying to cut his Chokuto in half. 'I guess Orochimaru is confident in slicing through my sword,' Naruto sighed in his mind and summoned two, thick chakra chains made with another tenth of his chakra.

SLICE—CLANG!—CLANG!—CLANG!

The Kusanagi sword cleanly sliced the first chain in half, but with its momentum being lowered, it failed to cut the second and was promptly wrapped by a thick, crimson chakra chain.