54: The Clan Head

Chapter 54: The Clan Head
Arc: Against Foreign Powers

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

"Anyone got any ideas where to find the clan head's body? Really, I'm open to any suggestion," Naruto asked but was met with silence instead. He expected it, but it was still a bit disheartening to see it in full play.

After recounting his journey through Clan Head Chisuke's brief memory, they were all dumbfounded, confused, and outright disbelieving.

"How about this," just as Naruto was out of ideas, Karasu suddenly spoke out and gathered everyone's attention. "Do you all remember the ceremonial pillars? It's a leftover from the Clan Head's Adamantine Sealing Chains, maybe it will help us find a clue..."

"Or we might as well destroy it," Naruto mumbled.

"... I mean, the Clan Head told us to destroy his body, so destroying his chains is basically the same, right?" Seeing the entire group staring at him, Naruto couldn't help but explain. As expected, the group stopped staring at him with questioning eyes after he explained his line of thought.

"Since no one disagrees, let's set off to destroy the pillars..." Naruto said, waiting if someone was going to rebuke him, and when no one did, he set out a list of orders.

"First and foremost, everyone will act in caution as the Beast Wave may trigger at any time. Everyone's clear?" Naruto watched as everyone nodded their heads, listening intently.

"Hinata and I will find the pillar from the west. Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro will find the pillar from the north. Zabuza, Haku, you find the pillar from the south. And lastly..." Naruto smirked.

"Shadow Clone!"

Seeing a carbon copy of Naruto get summoned, Zabuza looked at the original body of Naruto with confusion. "Your clone will find the one from the east?"

"No, Kura... err, the Nine-Tails will."

"Hello, humans."

Just before the group set out, Karasu bid his farewell to the group and asked to be resealed inside Naruto again. Karasu explained to Naruto that he wanted to be resealed just in case the Beast Wave triggers because deep inside the forest, the mind control over Karasu's mind was stronger.

The crow was afraid that he would lose control in an instant.

Naruto agreed to his request and the group finally ventured deep into the forest after splitting up into four teams.

As Hinata and Naruto traveled, a toad was sitting on Naruto's shoulder, keeping itself in place with the help of chakra. The other three teams had a similar toad on them, and through the toads, the group could communicate with each other remotely.

"Naruto, the Nine-Tails sent a message."

"Give it..." as the toad spat out a scroll from its mouth, Naruto snatched it away and began reading the scroll. "So fast?"

"Naruto, I'm at the ceremonial pillar at the east. What should I do now?"

Naruto and Kurama could communicate telepathically with no problem, but the fox insisted on using scrolls. Naruto had a nagging suspicion that the fox just wanted to make the toads suffer by swallowing scrolls after seeing the faint mud on the scroll. 'Kurama never liked the toads, after all.'

Shaking his head, Naruto took out an empty scroll and wrote an order for everyone to follow.

"After reaching the ceremonial pillars, hide. Let's try and destroy all of them at once to avoid any problems."