72: Members of the Clan

Chapter 72: Members of the Clan

Arc: The Uzumaki Clan

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

*****

"Fuinjutsu: Unseal," Naruto said after taking out a scroll.

POOF—"Cough! Cough! Ugh—" Suddenly, a man appeared in a cloud of white smoke and started coughing. Seeing the man, Mei didn't hesitate to stand up from her seat to give the man a helping hand.

"Yagura-sama, please," Mei said and handed Yagura a clean towel. Yagura's clothes were clean and pristine, but Yagura's whole body was covered in bandages and just now, he coughed up a bit of blood.

After wiping off the blood on his lips, Mei helped Yagura stand up from the ground.

"I'm... Mei, tell me what happened. I want every detail," Yagura ordered. Mei didn't hesitate to comply and was about to drop three barrier seals when Yagura stopped him.

"Let him hear it as well," Yagura said and nodded toward Naruto. Mei paused for a moment before reporting to Yagura.

"Lord Fourth Mizukage, after you were controlled by a genjutsu, you reinstated and intensified the blood mist policy of the village. After a ninja from a clan betrayed your trust, you also began a campaign against all kekkei-genkai users," Mei said in one breath.

After hearing the report, Yagura didn't seem surprised and sighed.

"The person who controlled me is a masked man. He has a swirling orange mask, and he says that he is Madara Uchiha. Kisame Hoshigaki was contacted by Madara Uchiha. Mei, go and call her to your side in this instant," Yagura said.

Yagura knew better than anyone how loyal Kisame was. If he could get Kisame back under his wing, Yagura would do as much as he could.

"I understand, lord fourth."

"Also, as part of our deal," Yagura turned to Naruto. "You will return 40% of the three tails to me," Yagura said. Naruto extracted 90% of the three tails from him before he stopped.

Before Naruto came back to negotiate with Mei and the others, he unsealed and talked to Yagura.

Naruto informed Yagura of everything he should know, and Yagura believed all of it. While being controlled, he could remember everything he did. Naruto and Mei's report merely served to assure Yagura that he wasn't messing up again.

"And you promised to put a seal on me," Yagura said. He didn't want to be controlled again. Naturally, he asked Naruto for a seal that would make him immune to most genjutsu and have a higher resistance against the genjutsu he wasn't immune to.

"Yes, I didn't forget," Naruto said and took out two scrolls. The first scroll was red and a "3" was attached to the scroll. Yagura immediately knew what it was and took the second scroll.

When he opened it, a ring appeared in the middle of the scroll.

"What's this?"

"Wear it. After that, you will be immune to most genjutsu," Naruto explained. In reality, he wasn't sure how "immune" Yagura would be after wearing the ring. The ring served to disrupt Yagura's chakra every minute, and it can't be turned off.

It would've been a problem for others, but for a jinchuriki, it wasn't.

Naruto learned it the hard way.

After becoming a "proper" jinchuriki, Naruto learned the hard way why they are immune to most genjutsu.

The first reason is that the bijuu themselves could dispel the genjutsu. The second reason is that a bijuu's chakra is too potent, and after it mixes with a human's chakra, a.k.a. their jinchuriki, it would make the jinchuriki's chakra volatile.