56: A Struggle to Behold

Chapter 56: A Struggle to Behold.
Arc: Against Foreign Powers

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

In a place of ruins and broken hopes, where the ashes of war and death float like a gloomy fog enveloping the lands, a group of people gathered together to face one single man.

They were two forces of different worlds, and they merged as well as fire and water. In this encounter, one has to be extinguished and burned as both cannot coexist.

Naruto's group was tense with apprehension like stretched-out rubber bands, waiting to be released, but also fearing the outcome. Glaring at Chisuke with despise, the group roused their chakra throughout their body in preparation to fight, but the constant headache they felt reminded them that time was of the essence.

And time was running out like sand in an hourglass.

Naruto secretly created a clone earlier that was rigorously studying his current fuinjutsu knowledge to come up with a suitable seal that can forever seal away Chisuke. Now, all he wanted to do was wait, and he almost didn't want to fight to preserve their chakra, but that was impossible. Especially when his allies don't have as much chakra as him.

"We can't continue like this. We'll all die!"

Kankuro yelled, his voice hoarse and quivering from trying to suppress both fear and anger toward the cause of all of their problems. Not only that, but he also wished that he was stronger, even just a little bit, so that he can guarantee his survival in this battle. He wanted to survive because he wanted to spend more time with his siblings, and he'll have a mountain of regrets if he died now.

After Chisuke used his ability, he felt as if his body was becoming sluggish, and there was a whisper in his mind seducing him to stop resisting. That if he stops resisting, he'll experience the most blissful paradise he could ever imagine.

He already knew it was Chisuke's doing, so he didn't dare stop his resistance. Instead, he only wanted to kill Chisuke more than ever. He was also thankful for the alien. If they were facing the real Chisuke, they'd all would have been sealed away by now, probably undergoing inhumane torture or experiments.

"Dance of Puppets!"

Kankuro gritted his teeth, all his hesitation leaving his body as he channeled chakra into his puppets, controlling them through chakra strings. He didn't stop there, coating his puppets with a tough layer of chakra made from weaving countless chakra threads together. The feat was by no means easy, and he himself was surprised that he was able to do it, but he didn't pay it any mind.

Right now, he wanted to survive, and all he has to do is kill Chisuke.

Three puppets flew into the air, charging at Chisuke fearlessly as one of them revealed a hidden blade and slashed at Chisuke. Strangely, Chisuke didn't use his repelling powers and only dodge all three puppets that came to him.

"A puppeteer. How amusing," Chisuke chuckled.

Then, as he was about to raise his hand, a sudden wind blade nearly cut him in half as he dodged again, only for another puppet to come from behind.

"Stay put."

Chisuke scowled, once again trying to raise his hand when another wind blade tried to cut him in two.

Meanwhile, Temari was concentrating beyond her potential. She only sent one wind blade, but she was controlling the wind blade remotely to support her brother's puppets. When she sent that wind blade, she had used two-thirds of her chakra, so even Naruto's adamantine chains will have a tough time resisting it.