Chapter 28: "A Lightweight World"

(Scarlett's POV)
Staring at this beautiful girl makes me weak. I still remember the first time we met even before we became roommates. There's this resemblance that can't make me feel but only her.

(Flashback)

Vivian had always loved park with its better, breezy cool air and chirping birds. It was a place where she felt happy.

She was tall, pretty, with long legs and slim arms. Her friends saw her as an angel. Once, she had even jumped into a river and saved a pretty girl. That's the sort of girl she was.

Vivian walked over to the window and reflected on her surroundings. The sun shone so brightly.

Then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Scarlett. Scarlett was a softie with daring attractive look.

Vivian gulped. She was not prepared for Scarlett.

As Vivian stepped outside and Scarlett came closer, she could see the putrid smile on her face.

Scarlett glared. She said, in hushed tones, "I like you and I want to get your number."

Vivian looked back, even more addicted. "Sure, just for you cutie," she replied.

They looked at each other with mixed feelings, like two cats falling in love at a very quiet normal day, which had r&b music playing in the background and two hearts beating to the beat.

Vivian regarded Scarlett's look. "Oh so flirty, I like it!" revealed Vivian with a delighted grin.

Scarlett looked lost, her face blushing like a tomato.

(End of Flashback)

"Ma'am? Hello? Are you still with me?" Someone asked.

"WOAH! Doc I'm so sorry I guess I was daydreaming hehe." Scarlett replied.

"So as I said all signs are good and you're healthy. No need to worry. I recommend using an ointment to soothe the scars also eat fruits and vegetables." The doctor said.

Vivian let out a breath as she was relieved from it. All she need to do now is take care of Scarlett as much as she could.

"That would be it. Please rest as much as possible for now." The doctor lastly said.

"YEY! I'M ALL GOOD VIVI!" Scarlett cheered as she heard there's nothing to worry about her.

Vivian smiled as she saw her roommate lit up from happiness. She let out a cheerful tone, "You know what that means... ICE CREAM DATE FOR US!!!"

But before they can go to a nearby ice cream shop Vivian needs to piggyback Scarlett unto her back making it easy for the roommate. This was their first ever friendly date since then. Back then they never had the chance to go outside to date but now look just two friends treasuring every second, every minute, every hour, every day, every month, and every year.

After a few steps they're now at the ice cream shop. Time to order their favorite! Vivian let Scarlett order first while holding her hand, "Can I have a Oreo Blizzard? That would be it."

It's Vivian's turn to order. She stood there for so long since she can't decide what to order. Scarlett then teased, "Oh sorry sir she really wants the Double dutch one." Vivian side eyed the roommate while pouting like a kid, "Hmp! Are kidding me? Why did you do that."