Ch. 2: The Dance

Brushing your hair was quite easy, and you smoothed it out with your hands afterwards to prevent it from frizzing up. The dress, however, proved to be the difficult part. Your jumper was stretchy and fit your body snuggly, no zippers or buttons required. The satin dress, while still form fitting, required a zipper that you couldn't pull up all the way. Had you been in your room, where you wanted to be, you could simply step out and ask one of the hundreds of other maids for help. However, you were not in your room and there were no other maids around.

    A knock came at the door; It was actually more of a loud banging as the prince grew more and more impatient. "Woman, what the hell is taking you so long?" The prince's voice rang out, pissed to all hell. What else was new?

    "I can't reach the zipper!" You called back. The banging stopped and you heard an annoyed sigh.

    "Just open the damned door and I'll zip it for you so we can leave."

    You paused for a moment, making sure to hold up the top of the dress and cover yourself. You tried once again to zip it up from the small of your back to no avail. You sighed and opened the door, making sure to have your back to the prince.

    After the door was open, there was no sound of footsteps coming to help. "Uh, Vegeta? The door is open." Your tail swished behind you anxiously as you waited for the prince to do something.

    Then the sound of his dress shoes clacked against the tile to you, where you felt his warm hand grip the zipper. He paused as you pulled your hair away from your back, and he pulled up sharply to close the dress. The sleeveless dark blue gown highlighted your shoulders nicely, and complimented the prince's cape. The folds were soft, and the way the top of it was cut showed off your chest. You looked good in fancy attire.

    You heard the prince turn on heel and quickly make his way to his room's door. "Hurry up," he grunted, not even bothering to wait as you slipped on your shoes and blue scouter and ran after him. To be fair, his face was as red as a flame and he didn't want you to see. He opened the door and you smiled as you saw the big bald saiyan waiting out in the hallway.

    "Vegeta, why is your face-"

    "Shut it Nappa now let's go get this damned thing over with." You fell in stride with Nappa as you both walked down the hallway behind the prince, with you on the right and Nappa on the left. Your dress billowed behind you as you walked briskly down the hall. The hallway was decorated with ornate gold statues, blue flowers, and sloping ceilings. Vegeta had ordered the walls to be decorated with the ancient tapestries depicting the legendary super saiyan, who's hair shown bright gold and his eyes a blinding blue. They were stunning depictions, but still just legends all the same.

    "Wow Y/N, you look beautiful!" Nappa smiled at you. As scary as the older saiyan looked, he truly was a sweetheart.

    "Thank you Nappa. You clean up nicely yourself," you grinned. He was wearing the dressier model of your everyday armor, which you had the same version of in your closet. The body suit underneath was black, with a dark gray chest plate and dark blue stomach piece. His tail was wrapped tightly around his waist and his scouter piece glowed blue as it picked up the power levels of the servants you passed.

    "No one complimented my appearance," Vegeta growled, not bothering to look behind himself.

    "I think you look quite handsome, sire," you smiled softly as he turned to meet your eyes. He seemed annoyed, but what you could not see was his tail whipping around wildly under his cape and the blush that came to his cheeks as he faced forwards again.

    "Yeah Vegeta! You look all grown up!" Nappa said as he clapped his hands together.

    "He still looks like a mama's boy to me," the person stepping up next to Nappa laughed. He was wearing the same outfit as the older saiyan, but his long, dark hair was a stark contrast from the bald man.