Ch. 29: Preparing the Ship

Vegeta was practically running to the ship, arms full with the bags he had packed. Guards and servants alike stared at him in confusion as Goku trailed after him, running to catch up. He stepped into the ship and didn't even bother to glance around, making a B-line for what would be his bedroom for however long this would take.

"Vegeta, are you sure it's a good idea to skip finding Frieza for this?" Goku said, frowning as he ran down the hall of the ship to catch up with the Prince. "Not that I'm having any doubts or anything! He's just strong!"

"Of course I am. He's half of what he once was," Vegeta snorted, enjoying his own joke. "He's no threat to me or my men." He walked into the ship's sleeping chamber and began to shove his spare clothing into the dresser there. The bed wasn't grand but it would be good enough for what he needed it for. He doubted he would be sleeping much anyway; he wanted to test out his new found abilities. He rolled his eyes at the fact he had been laying around when he finally held the power of the legends in the palm of his hands. Because of what? He was sad about you? His chest hurt thinking of you again before he shoved the emotions down deeper where they couldn't bother him.

"What about your kitty cat?" Goku asked, sitting down on Vegeta's bed. It made the Prince's tail puff up in annoyance.

"Nappa will care for him while we're gone. Last thing I want to do is to take him to a planet he could get hurt on. Damn thing keeps trying to walk off the balcony." Vegeta shook his head before closing the dresser drawer and opening the next one. "Not a very intelligent creature."

"Well you did find him in a dumpster!" Goku giggled, falling back into the mattress.

"WOULD YOU GET OFF MY BED?" The prince snapped.

Goku floated up and off the bed before touching down on the floor and sighing. "You're so angry all the time! Maybe I won't help you find Namek."

"Why you-" Vegeta slammed the drawer shut and clenched his fists at his slides before he pummeled the fool. "Whatever. You're bluffing, you want to find this planet just as much as I do."

"Yeah you got me there!" Goku laughed. "I better go get my stuff from my room! Don't leave without me!" With that Goku took off running back to his room, leaving Vegeta to sit alone with his thoughts. He walked to the kitchen, making sure the food had been packed. Then he checked the fuel at the console of the ship. He didn't even hear the footsteps walking up behind him until a blade was pressed to his throat, the tip digging into his skin and sending a shiver up his spine. He quickly elbowed whoever was behind him in the gut and smacked the knife away before turning to face his attacker.

"Oof! Good shot, Vegeta," the king coughed, holding his stomach.

"Why the hell would you do that!" Vegeta's tail flicked around anxiously behind him as he calmed his nerves.

"You've been distracted. That just proved it."

"I'm not distracted!" The prince snapped.

"No one has seen you since the attack," the king frowned, brushing himself off and walking over to pick the knife up and off the floor. "You haven't even gone to train since the incident."

"Oh, that's what we're calling it?" Vegeta frowned, crossing his arms.

"To top it all off you want to go on a vacation rather than go with us to hunt Frieza down."

Vegeta grabbed at his bodysuit's leggings to calm himself. Through gritted teeth, he answered his father. "It's not a vacation. Kakarot knows of a planet with wishing orbs that can grant any desire I have."