Ch. 21: The Big Day

Vegeta had gotten up early, unable to sleep in any longer. He didn't have his usual nightmares, which was a welcome change of pace, but nonetheless he felt restless. He decided to put that extra energy to use, making his way to the training chambers to warm up before you would arrive. He had this pit weighing in the bottom of his stomach as he launched the punching bag across the room. He frowned, remembering the state he had found his room in last night, with Kakarot passed out on the couch surrounded by mountains of empty bowls and plates of food. Your friend was sitting as far from him as possible, curled up in a ball as that clown hogged the blankets for himself. Kakarot was indeed in his clothes and his spare blanket, which was designated for you and you alone.

He had quickly wakened Cucumbe, who bowed about a thousand times and left the room quickly. Kakarot, however, would not wake up, no doubt in a food induced coma of sorts. He sighed as he placed the still unnamed kitten on his bed and watched it begin to knead at the quilt. What a silly creature. He had tried to get some rest, but Goku's loud snoring essentially prevented him from that.

"Damn idiot," Vegeta grumbled under his breath.

"What was that, Geets?" Goku smiled, practicing his aim with the target droids.

"I said you're an idiot!" The prince yelled back, obliterating the punching bag with a ki blast. It erupted into pieces of flaming mesh and sand. "And don't call me that!"

Goku frowned and placed his hands on his hips, unphased by Vegeta's violent display. "Y/N can call you that! How come I can't?"

"Because I don't like you." The prince spat, crossing his arms and making his way across the arena to stand a distance from Goku.

"Oh, so you like her then?" Kakarot giggled, wiggling his eyebrows at the prince.

"TCH! I SAID NO SUCH THING!"

"How red your face is getting says otherwise!"

"This is why I don't spar with you anymore!" Vegeta shouted back, quickly turning away from Goku as his rival began to hop on his feet much like you had before the final event. "And when she gets here you're leaving!"

"Aw 'Geta don't be like that!" Goku whined, crossing his arms to mock the prince. "That's not fair, I wanna spar with her too!"

"Too god damn bad you buffoon." Vegeta took his fighting stance and Goku did the same, the two standing across from each other inside the large and empty room.

"Try to keep this place in one piece this time, will you?" Goku giggled.

Vegeta simply smirked in response, "It's not my fault you and the room can't handle my power." The two launched at each other, their fists colliding into the other's face as they grinned. The shockwave they created sent a rumble through the palace, shocking you from your sleep.

You had passed out at your desk, drooling all over the wooden surface as the candle across from you had burned out in the night. Judging by the lack of noise outside it was still early, and you assumed the prince was already up and training. You shut the book, and after cleaning up your little puddle of spit and getting dressed, you tucked it into your pocket. You had taken a quick shower and decided in his eagerness to train this morning the prince more than likely had skipped out on breakfast. You gathered your armor, slipped it on, and headed to the dining halls. The blue, long-sleeve bodysuit and white chestplate and gloves was all you would need today, the training room having your spares if the prince truly wanted a fight. Your boots clacked along the floor as you walked, and you nodded proudly to the guards you passed. The dark blue of your suit made you feel warm and fuzzy this morning as it reminded you of the prince.