Epilogue

"You're a fool, Vegeta." Frieza's voice was cold, echoing around the prince as he stood in a pitch black room. He spun around, trying to find where the voice was coming from but unable to pinpoint the lizard's location.

     "You're the fool if you're attempting to challenge me again." He powered up to his super saiyan form, the golden glow lighting up the area around him a bit. Now he could see a few feet in front of him, the tiles around him mimicking that of the Royal banquet hall. How had he gotten here? Why was it so dark? He spun on heel again, still no sign of Frieza.

    A tap on his left shoulder made him jump and he quickly launched a fist in the general direction of whoever had touched him.

     "A bit jumpy, aren't you, Vegeta?" Frieza cackled, the voice now coming from his right. He swung again, missing once more.

    "Quit toying with me and come out and fight you coward!" He yelled, anger causing his power level to rise again. His golden light grew brighter, acting as a beacon in the shadows.

     "You let me live, Vegeta." The Prince's heart began to race as those mechanized legs stepped towards him, right on the edge of his peripheral vision.

     "I had more important matters to attend to," Vegeta snapped, firing a Ki blast in front of him. The explosion was loud, ripping through the empty space and echoing around the two. Frieza stepped closer, not even phased as the smoke around him cleared.

     "It'll be your undoing."

     "You don't stand a chance against me."

     "Perhaps. But she was rather easy to take down, wasn't she?"

      Vegeta lunged at him, wrapping a gloved fist around his neck and slamming his body into the floor. The mechanized parts of Frieza's body clicked and whirred as they were shoved into the tile, cracking the intricate designs and leaving a crater below him. Through it all, however, Frieza was smiling.

    "Can she come back again, I wonder?" Vegeta raised him up, slamming his neck into the flooring again. Frieza remained unphased as he started to laugh. "Maybe this time, if I blow her to bits, there won't be anything left to reincarnate!"

    "Shut up shut up SHUT UP!" Vegeta screamed, hands lighting up as he blew a ki beam straight through Frieza's neck. When he let go, there was no hole to be found, not a single trace of his attack to be seen.

     Frieza's laughter faded as he frowned. "I'll take away all you love for what you've done to me. Mark my words, Vegeta." And then he was gone.

     Vegeta sat up straight in bed, breathing hard and drenched in sweat. He looked around at the room that wasn't his, heart racing as his mind reeled and tried to figure out where he was. He was in a bed, with a soft blue and white quilt kicked up around him. He thought the wooden dresser-drawers, bed frame, and wall-paneling were tacky, not to even mention the blue rug on the side of the bed. Slowly his breathing calmed, his panting returning to normal as he smoothed his hair back and sighed; he wasn't on planet Vegeta. He was on Earth, in a little cabin in the woods far from any sort of civilization that could bother him. His eyes glanced over the ruffled bed-sheets, which he had kicked off himself in his sleep. His boxers were a wrinkled up mess from all the moving around he must have done. He looked over at the pillow beside his own, where a little plush sat tucked into your side of the bed. You were with him.

     Or were you? He jumped out of bed, checking the bathroom and living room for any sign of you. He began to panic, darting in and out of the rooms and even checking outside. Each door slammed open and remained open as he tore through the cabin, his heart pounding away in his chest. Why weren't you still sleeping? It was early, the sun had barely come up yet. You had been sleeping in the last few days, why not today? What if you were hurt? What if Frieza had come and taken you? Killed you? He couldn't bring you back again. Kakarot had already told him so.