Ch. 26: Family Dinner

You all moved into the dining room, which kept a lot of the same décor; blue and gold seemed to swim throughout the sea of brightly colored suits and dresses. The tables were circular and spread out around the room, allowing for more guests to be able to sit and chat. Each table sat 6 people, with Vegeta's table at the head of it all.

He turned to you quickly, motioning for you to walk beside him as he made his way to his table. "Come on, follow me." He walked through the dining hall slowly, boots echoing around the room as he thanked people for being there. They bowed to him as he nodded, even shaking hands with a select few.

You fought not to cross your arms and frown at his mannerisms while surrounded by so many elites. You kept your hands behind your back, trying to look as stoic as possible. "Wow, you're in a good mood for someone who didn't want this to happen a day ago."

He turned to you and smiled, which was more alarming than him frowning or glaring at you, "you have no idea."

Goku ran ahead of you, whispering something you couldn't hear to the prince, who then frowned and whispered back.

"What was with the dancing with other girls!" Goku had said, genuinely upset by the whole thing.

"It was tradition! She asked to dance so I had to."

"Does tradition really matter right now?" Goku glanced back at you and the eye contact made you uncomfortable. They were talking about you. Or at least, something involving you. "Have you seen who you're marrying?"

"Would you shut it!" The prince snapped, smacking the back of Goku's head. "That will be enough of a bombshell! Everything else needs to go smoothly tonight!"

Raditz walked up beside you, brushing your shoulder with his as you all walked towards Vegeta's table. "So are we all sitting together? I bet his food is gonna be way better than what we're used to."

You giggled at that, bumping into him again and making him stumble. "You're just like your brother."

"No I'm not, don't say that!" Raditz whined.

You shook your head and smiled. "Food on the brain 24/7. You guys may look nothing alike but man is everything else the same."

"Thank the gods I don't look like him, I'm the handsome one." He flexed as he said that, smoothing back his hair and smiling at you. You simply laughed again, and Vegeta glanced back in annoyance. Had you and Raditz always been so close?

"Woman, stand beside me." He snapped. You rolled your eyes; it appeared he was back to being miserable. You sped up to stand beside him, and he liked how the other elites and suitors stared at the two of you. There was fear in their eyes, but also respect. The matching outfits certainly helped matters. Soon you would only have the finest of outfits to wear whenever you wanted. He couldn't wait to see what you picked out, what dresses and armor you would choose as your own to be queen. You'd look stunning in all of them.

"You may all sit with me," Vegeta said, walking up to the table. He pulled out a chair and motioned to it. "Woman, sit here."

"Oh uh, thank-"

"Thank you, my prince," Soy smiled, popping up out of nowhere. She went to sit but Vegeta moved the chair away and glared at her, his nose wrinkling up in the process. Goku tried not to giggle at the whole thing.

"This table is for me and my guards, not you, girl." He snapped. "Go sit with your family for this."

"But sire there are six seats and only four-"