Ch. 8: The Dinner

As soon as you got to your room, you stripped down and hopped in the shower. When you saw Vegeta later, you had no idea how he would react. Probably annoyed. You grinned as your rinsed all the dirt out of your hair and thought about his sour expression, or the ways his brows would furrow like they always did when he got pissed off. That's what he gets for kissing you when he's soon going to go through an arranged mating.

To be fair, you did kiss him back, but he still deserved it. Thinking about all of it made your heart race. What would have happened if he marked you and you two shared that bond? Unless he'd already marked someone before. He seemed to be very spur of the moment with his affections and the thought of him having already done that before bothered you more than you thought it would.

Would the bond even work if he had done it to someone else but you had never been marked? Rumors always were that those that were marked could... sense their partners feelings. Not in a silly 'I can read your mind,' sense, but more of a like...

You just knew something was up. Granted rumors were rumors, and you yourself didn't really know what to expect; It was also just a sign of love or partnership between saiyans. Of course then there were the vows, spoken in the language of your ancestors. That could only be said one time ever. Had he done that too? You sighed, tail lashing about in the water from the shower head; you supposed that none of that truly mattered now.

You continued to clean yourself until the pink water running off your body turned clear again, then twisted the handle to shut the water off. You dried your hair with your towel, then piled it on top of your head into a messy bun. You pulled out your Royal guard outfit, that same simple blue jumper and white chestplate, and smiled. While you loved how you looked in your battle armor, this was truly the most comfortable.

Before you could get dressed, there was a rapid knocking at your door. You assumed it was Cucumbe, who was no doubt ecstatic to have you back after a singular night of you not being nearby. The five precise knocks after the initial tapping confirmed your suspicions as it was her signature knock telling you to get your ass into gear.

"Coming!" You yelled, wrapping your F/C towel around your chest and walking to the door to unlock it.

"Hey you can come in C, I gotta get dr-" you paused when you saw that your bestie wasn't alone, mouth going dry at the sight before you.

"He said you were taking too long and told me to get your attention!" She squeaked, bowing her head repeatedly in apology. "I missed you, we'll catch up later sorry bye!" She took off down the hall and you and Vegeta both watched her run off.

"She's... a character." He scoffed, finally turning to look at you. His face immediately turned a deep shade of red when he saw what you were in. "W-WHY WOULD YOU ANSWER THE DOOR LIKE THAT?" He sputtered as you yanked him inside and slammed the door behind the two of you.

"Better question is why the hell are you here! Your dinner starts in," you glanced at your alarm clock. "30 minutes!"

He was staring at your chest and you held the towel up to make sure you were covered properly while he smacked his hands over his eyes. "Gods! Damn it all! I don't have time to deal with it again!" He grumbled under his breath.

"With what?"

"WILL YOU JUST GET CHANGED AND HELP ME?" He yelled, eyes still covered as you quickly ran to the bathroom and slipped on your armor and suit. Your hair was still a mess but it would have to work for now; a grumpy prince was certainly worse than messy hair.

"Okay, okay, geez. Now what's the issue?" You sighed, stepping out of the bathroom and staring at him as he stood in front of your bed. It appeared as though he refused to meet your eyes while he calmed himself down.