Prologue: The End

Mo Dao Zu Shi
Red Strings of Connections
Prologue The End

Roars of cheers have filled the always quiet surrounding of well-know mountain of corpses: The Burial Mounds.

The Cultivators who survive the siege they threw against the Demonic Cultivator Wei Wuxian raises their weapons signalling or at least just showing off to their enemy that they already won and he has no escape as he is the only one alive on his side.

Wei WuXian aren't moving from his spot, making his enemies feels that he is no more.

No, that's not the case.

Wei WuXian knew his self better than anyone.

He knew that he still has power to summon more corpses to deal them, but--

Wei WuXian look around.

The houses that the group of innocent remnants have built were now burning.

The farm fields that the old men cultivated are now completely destroyed, the very farm fields where he tends to bury the youngest and only child in the remnants, A-Yuan.

The resentful energy that he clean away so they could at least feel the sunlight are now back covering their place once more.

Wei WuXian knows that he still can turn the tables but--

The dead bodies of Wen Remnants that he finally starting to see as his new family are now scatter around, either being step at or get kicked.

They are good people.

They are much better human than to them. Than to this self-righteous, fame-chaser, power hungry, ass kissers, stupid cultivators.

Wei WuXian, "Ahh--"

Where did he go wrong?

Did his whole life has been nothing but mistake?

Will something have change if he didn't come with Jiang FengMian back then?

Wei WuXian smiled.

Of course there is.

Madam Yu might be not in edge, probably never.

Jiang Cheng might be have more self-confidence.

Jiang YanLi might have enjoy her motherhood better.

Jiang FengMian might focus all his attention and love to his two biological children.

The Lotus Pier might won't get attacked.

Lan QiRen might be never get angry.

and Lan Zhan... ahh... Lan Zhan will definitely not have his world get turn upside down.

'All of it is my fault...'

'Is there any point continuing this foolish charade?'

'They are already dead, I didn't able to protect them...'

He doesn't have anyone to protect now.

'It's much better if I just didn't born.'

Wei WuXian raise ChenQing on his mouth, which everyone get alerted into, but he doesn't care as he close his eyes and tears fall down. He blow on ChenQing summoning another batch of corpses, and they're coming from everywhere, but to everyone's shock and confusion they are not attacking the living.

Wei WuXian stand up, still playing on his flute, he turn his back to the cultivators and start going further in his and Wen Remnants nest with swaying steps.

The cultivators thinks that Wei WuXian is trying to escape but then the march has stop even before they could move a muscle.

Wei WuXian surrounded by his Corpse Army stops playing his flute and spread his arms.

They witness with wide eyes--Lan XiChen, Nie MengJue and Jiang Cheng-- an overly brutal outcome of Yilling Patriarch, as his corpses grab him and start pulling him from every direction.

Wei WuXian endures the terrifying pain and only smile.

'This is much better--'

Finally one arm snap off.