Chapter 41: The Ghost King's Only Friend

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

ARC 3 Chapter 41

The Ghost King's Only Friend

Naked under a blanket is the couple that is well-known by both realms, sleeping at each other's arms, enjoying the peace and love they have from one another.

Xie Lian woke up, and with sleepy eyes he drowsily stares at the man next to him, he smiles. It's been hundred years since they gotten married, still, even up until now Xie Lian would think if he really sleeping next to the person he fell in love with. Before, when he still young and studying cultivation, he never thought that he will fall in love with someone for real. When asked by his father of how he will have a successor, Xie Lian said that he just let his "wife" to do him while he is sleeping. But before that could happen, he ascended to Godhood, yet fall to grace rather quickly; he'd lost everything, even his pride.

Eight hundred years, it took eight hundred years of solitude and loneliness before he reaches a happy ending that could be only seen in fairy tales.

During his solitude, Xie Lian never once imagine this kind of life. A life with his beloved and most devoted believer.

Xie Lian brushes his finger lightly to his husband's sleeping face, tracing his face features that nothing but beautiful, even his scar on his right eye where E-Ming used to be belonged to before it was forged into spiritual weapon, even this is beautiful at Xie Lian's eyes, so when they do it, he always asks his husband to remove the eye patch and Xie Lian will then kiss it lovingly. He just loves Hua Cheng so much.

His real, most devoted believer, the one who love him like breathing air despite Xie Lian thinking that he—himself—is hard to love. He lost him thrice but no matter what Hua Cheng always go back to him. Xie Lian placed his hand on Hua Cheng's neck and leaned in, landing his lips on other's lips. Afterwards, Xie Lian smiles and whisper in inaudible voice, "Thank you San Lang..."

To his surprise, a hand went on his waist and another hand on his back, pulling him closer, "San Lang? Did I—" no—or maybe, who knows if he did wake up his husband, or if the supreme ghost were pretending to be still sleeping, but Xie Lian received Hua Cheng's love through the kiss he received from him.

"Gege, if you keep attacking me like that, I won't let you rest." Yep, he is undoubtedly awake. Do ghost even sleep? "Let's sleep more Gege."

"Alright." And so Xie Lian buried himself to his arms, not minding to merge in the process, he just love him, and vice versa.

Having this kind of happy ended after of so much suffering and solitude, makes Xie Lian remembers why he agreed to let the one ghost have a second chance.

He thought that his and his husband's ghost friend really doesn't deserve his ending, thus when Baoshan Sanren propose to this scheme, he didn't think twice.

Despite all pain he suffered before, Xie Lian still thinks and continue to believe that no one deserve such a thing—but he is not all saint, at the very least he also knew that there are some people who are DID deserve such suffering.

~~~***~~~

Festive as ever, the Ghost City is bustling with lights and noises of its citizens that enjoying their lives under the protection of their beloved Ghost King and his Lord Husband.

Merry vibes are filling the city, various stalls filled the streets and different kinds of ghosts and monsters occupying the places.

After sipping his wine, the City Lord place down his cup to the table on his side, his eye watching his city working its brilliant atmosphere. His eye narrows at one point on the street, where a certain black robed ghost used to be strolling.