Chapter 24 In Library Pavillion

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 24 In Library Pavillion

A wonder news happened into Gusu Lan Clan, which Wei Wuxian didn't expect that during his one-year seclusion could be possible to occurred.

It is the changes in Lan Clan's rules—before it is three thousand and counting, now it reduced into half. Qingheng-Jun removes many rules that aren't really that necessary and only been put for the Elders' convenience.

With help from his wife and his brother, they lessened the burden of the rules, and of course annoys the Elders. Who knows how the three currents leaders of Lan Clan made the Elders to shut their mouths, what's important for the disciples of Lan Clan is that they no longer felt too many shackles.

With this surprise changes, Wei Wuxian felt trouble—that's why he asked Lan Wangji to help him memorize the new set of rules. Lan Wangji agreed with no hesitation, much to Wei Wuxian's delight.

On their way to Library Pavilion, they pass the empty embarkment and again Wei Wuxian felt that there's something missing there.

They share a table, sitting across from each other, Wei Wuxian commented how the room smell like Lan Wangji, and "It's smell really good, like Lan Zhan!" he blurted without thinking too much how his words would come out, and he wouldn't even bother to rethink it, seeing Lan Wangji didn't made much reaction either.

Lan Wangji started copying scriptures, while Wei Wuxian is quietly memorizing the new set of rules, that from three thousand to one thousand five hundred.

After reading once, "Uncle Lan removes all excessive rules!"

"It's A-niang's idea..." Wei Wuxian laughs, saying "That sounds about right!"

Lan Wangji smiles,

"You know Lan Zhan? You are better looking when you're smiling." Wei Wuxian commented off hand, grinning.

"Is Wei Ying likes it when I smile?"

"I do."

"Mn."

Wei Wuxian continues reading, Lan Wangji continues writing.

No one tries to disturb the other, nor the peace between them, they could only listen to the birds twittering outside the pavilion, in Lan Wangji's case the music to his ear is Wei Wuxian's almost quiet but still hearable mumbles, mumbling their clan rules through his mouth.

Lan Wangji finished in no time, but Wei Wuxian continues.

Closing his eyes, Lan Wangji only continues listening to Wei Wuxian.

Unaware that his voice is quite audible and Wei Wuxian's focus is totally on his homework that he had missed to see the rare smile on Lan Wangji.

Wei Wuxian starts mumbling the rules without reading the scripture, close eyes, hands on his chin, as he is thinking that his mouth only moves without sound.

"1445: no dogs allow within the sect. 1446: one must be righteous. 1448: the forehead—" Wei Wuxian cut himself off when he felt a cold finger that brush lightly his hair in front, leaving his mouth hanging in shock, eyes open wide. "Lan... zhan...?"

"Hm?"

"What are you..."

"I wanna see your eyes..."

"Why?" despite his confusion, and having feeling of being stupid that Lan Wangji is flirting with him—that abrupt thought invaded his mind, Wei Wuxian grins teasingly to the other, "It is pretty?"

"They are."

Wei Wuxian mouth hanged wide open for short moment before he slowly covering it with his hand that on his chin, thanking his subconsciousness of placing his hand on the right place earlier on that he quickly able to cover his red faced with it, away from Lan Wangji to see.