Chapter 23 Beauty Under the Moonlight

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 23 Beauty Under the Moonlight

Going up the mountain of Gusu is an easy piece for members of Zhuque Sect as they tend to come here way back when they are just children.

Wei Ying, Meng Yao, Cong Zhuliu, and Li Yang are the ones that would enter this year's class; while Tiao Reinshun has become a guest disciple in another sect, Myo Qing is in Wen Sect, and Mo Yu and Myo Ning are left behind in Zhuque Sect because of their young ages. The disciples who could participate in this Lan's Course were disciples in ages fifteen and sixteen, but if it is the case, then why Li Yang gets to come with Wei Ying?

He was considered because of his unstable cultivation and his vulnerable state against Ying Energy, with Wei Ying nearby, his shixiong could play purification to him.

It wasn't like the purification is rare, in truth, most people in cultivation world could do it—but not as strong, and pure as Wei Ying's—it is what Baoshan Sanren has taught him during his "seclusion" in her mountain. So, only Wei Ying could purify the Ying Energy that taking over his shidi.

Wei Ying stretches his arms, beaming with smile that he been wearing since yesterday. The others have smile on their faces as well but in different reason; they didn't even need their sister Tiao Reinshun to figure it out why their brother is like this.

"Someone is in good mood~" Meng Yao chimes. Wei Ying grins.

"Why wouldn't he? After a year of being away from each other, they finally going to reunite again." Cong Zhuliu supported.

Meng Yao, "I'm all aware who it is you talking about, but may you still enlighten this shidi of yours?"

"Who would it be if it's not Zhan-gege?" this time all of them grins teasingly to Wei Ying, but whether Wei Ying is feigning ignorance or up until now still not aware of his feeling for the Second Jade of Lan, just kept grinning at their teasing.

Meng Yao yanked his head away, Cong Zhuliu crossed arms, and Li Yang look ahead.

Internally, Wei Ying wants to applause for his Shimei's work, that Tiao Reinshun did her homework to increase her kind by rubbing her teasing personality to their siblings, that instead of being relief that no one finally going to tease him about Lan Zhan, he has now three of them. At the very least, their teases are not as strong as Tiao Reinshun and he still know how to deal with them. But yes, they are not mistaken about the reason of his good mood.

After a year of being away because of seclusion, finally they are going to meet again. Wei Ying really misses Lan Zhan, that in truth—Tiao Reinshun already have guessed and voiced out—the first person he actually wanted to see first and foremost is Lan Zhan; too bad though Lan Zhan will be out later at night.

'Gotta wait for him!' Wei Ying swears. He won't sleep until he sees him again!

They are finally at the entrance and all of them become curious on the commotion that's going on. Apparently, Jiang Cheng lost his invitation and the disciple that stationed at the entrance is a hardheaded person, but also—Wei Ying and his siblings could tell that—the disciple is arrogant.

Meng Yao, "Why don't just Young Master Jiang go back in his inn and look for his invitation? You'll just making yourself like a fool by forcing your reason."

Cong Zhuliu, "Young Master Jiang should've been aware of the strict demeanor of the Lan Clan. No matter what you say to the disciple, it won't change his mind."

Jiang Cheng click his tongue, "Do you all know how much time and energy I'll be wasting by coming back and forth?"

"Then Cheng-cheng should have taken a good care of his invitation instead of lashing it out to anyone." Now even their youngest kid lecturing him.