Chapter 32 The Candidate of Night Snow Village

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 32 The Candidate of Night Snow Village

No matter how or what method Hua Xie use the villagers wouldn't budge and won't spill even a bit of beans. But it's not all helpless, the House of Zhang's disciple able to find some spill milk somewhere.

Every three days, the village chief and some villager men would climb up the mountain: what's wrong with that? Simple, that very mountain is just not covered in snow but also there's a nonstop snowstorm, yet every time those people would climb, a path is being open, the path they were taking clears out from the storm of snow.

Hua Xie sees this opportunity to learn more about the rumors, so he follows them, sneaking just behind them. Despite the lack of martial skills, as someone who is experts at information gathering, O Dokun's teaching includes silent sneak, which even the most guarded and alert cultivator or even monster won't sense them, and these people? They are just simple human, no foundation or whatsoever. He tailed them every three days, and what he saw is a huge cavern atop the mountain... And instead calling it mountain it is now more like a hill. A hill with caves, and the most nerve wrecking one is this cavern atop.

The hill itself is abundant in spiritual energy, but other than that, Hua Xie could also sense something that he considers not good.

"We must find a maiden soon, or else the "Divine Beast" will get angry!"

"But where we will find a maiden that is ready to become a priestess?"

"Let's search for an orphan, or household maids, any girls that have insignificant value."

"That's easy, no sweat. But will those maidens be willing to serve themselves to our "Divine Beast"?"

"Just tell them that the ritual will be for just one night. After that either she is willing to stay here, or get paid, she could choose."

"We will lie?!"

"Do you have any choice?! Unless you want your family to perish, then be righteous!"

"Could we not tell that sect disciple about all of this? He might could ask for help from his sect!"

"Tell me, how will he able to send a message to his sect huh?! He cannot leave this village, just like us, and you think he can help us?!"

Shi Ying's eyes narrows, finger on her chin, and in deep thought. Those kinds of conversation have always something on it. "Serve herself", a maiden either orphan, a household maid, anyone that has no relative, and no value. She only could wish for the best; that what is she thinking is overall wrong.

"Have you ever entered that cavern?"

Hua Xie shook his head, "Every time I'll try, a barrier would erect and blocked my way. This shidi apologizes for his powerlessness."

Shi Ying shook her head with smile, she knew that her shidi done his very best to gather information as many as possible, as accurate as possible, and to think that he done this investigation alone and with such difficulty.

"You've done a great job, and that's enough. From here in on, leave everything to your Shijie."

Yes, the only solution now to gather more information is Shi Ying herself, as the villagers are desperate for a maiden who could be their "priestess". A maiden that is a virgin.

Heaving a breath, she's now finally understood her Sect Leader's reasoning for such a strange order.

"Shidi, if ever they ask you about me, just answer them that would benefit us."