Chapter 36 The Divine Beast

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 36 The "Divine" Beast

It was silence at first until the "Divine Beast" pops out its chest, seems to be heaving a deep breath and howls with its beak widely open, releasing a great amount of Yin Qi, that is enough to make any maiden to faint.

Seeing Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji still standing the beast made of bird in a flash dash at Wei Wuxian who dressed as a woman. The beast aims and grabs his neck, lifting him, and uses its claws, it rips off the front side of Wei Wuxian's clothes, revealing his broad chest. Lan Wangji unsheathed his sword and swing it towards the bird with intention of cutting its head and a wing, as if sensing this ill intention "Divine Beast" jumps back far from them, with blood dripping out from it cut off wings.

The two young master watch and observed the beast that have quieted since.

Not even sooner, it roars loudly and strongly, that they felt the ground shook together with it. It was angry either because this is the first time its wings got cut off, or because Wei Wuxian wasn't really a maiden... and the two felt that the answer is the latter.

Wei Wuxian praise himself for being able to fool even the "Divine Beast", "Am I that pretty?" it was just his mouth running shamelessly again, grinning and has no intention within, but Lan Wangji still response, "Yes, you are."

"Lan Zhan! You need to be careful how you'll response to those words! Or else, someone will faint!"

"Why is Wei Ying still standing?"

This two still has time to flirt; although the issue about Wei Wuxian rejected Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian believes that Lan Wangji has no feelings for him wasn't really closed, the two just live on like that and went back to normal; yes, this is their normal thing.

That being said, Wei Wuxian thanked the orange hue of his fireball that it hides his blush which is the result of Lan Wangji "absentminded" come back.

After roaring, the beast expands its wings and flap it once, that once releases multiple feathers that was sharp as knives, and one of it has wounded Wei Wuxian's cheek. Shock isn't in their face nor even felt it; it is like they are actually expecting this ability from it.

This has to be expected from this two, despite the young ages, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji are well-known successful cultivators from younger generation, that they were titled as Radiant Sun Lord and Light Bearing Lord respectively, that in cultivation world they are known to be cultivators that would light a burning light of hope to the people in need.

That's why no one will question Hua Xie being relief when this two are the ones that joins forces to solve this case.

The two feeds spiritual energy to their swords, and hand sign, they command it to block all the coming feathers. The beast keeps sending feathers, not stopping on flapping its wings, not caring for losing blood by keep doing this move. Does it even feel pain?

Maybe having enough or gotten tired of this move, the beast dash once again towards them, opening its beaks, letting Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji to have a view of its wide reddish mouth with various sizes, sharpness of its teeth, by this they knew that the beast wants to bite them or by how wide the mouth is, it might devour one of them.

A thought gets in Wei Wuxian's head during this crucial time, that the reason that there is no stain of blood anywhere in this cave is because this "Divine Beast" is devouring the maidens whole and... what's next, just spit out the bones...?

As experienced as he is, Wei Wuxian despite in his thoughts able to dodge the attack by jumping on the side, while Lan Wangji jumps on another. Upon landing Wei Wuxian take out a talisman on his sleeves and threw it at the beast that standing between him and Lan Wangji. It was an exploding talisman as it was exploded upon contact on the wings that facing Wei Wuxian.