Chapter 30 The Fear of Losing You

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 30 The Fear of Losing You

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian with A-Yuan, together with Tiao Reinshun and Xingxiu Xuanyu all went out the Gusu and were now walking down the mountain. Currently Wei Wuxian is teasing his brother Xingxiu Xuanyu while walking; in front are Lan Wangji who carrying A-Yuan is with Tiao Reinshun and seems talking on something serious.

"How will you confess to Ying'gege?"

Talking on something serious?

Thinking it carefully, this topic is actually serious. It wasn't a secret that this two have deep feelings for each other, it's been a long time way back since they were children, everyone knew that they are into each other, and the only ones who doesn't know is this very two. The adults once said that either Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji are in denial stage or afraid to ruin their deep close relationship, afraid that the other doesn't feel the same. They are also aware that Wei Wuxian is already conscious about his feelings for Lan Wangji.

What they're not know is Lan Wangji's side, which only Tiao Reinshun is aware of.

But using "How" instead of "When" to ask that question is—kind of wrong, so why did she...

"I mean Wangji'xiong is so quiet, must be difficult to shout to the world your feelings for Ying'gege." Her hands placed behind her, after clearing her throat. "Ohh... forget shouting, it might not even go through at all."

Between this two, it is more like one sided conversation, seeing Lan Wangji is just looking at her, then back to the road, then taking a sneak peek behind—to Wei Wuxian, then back to her and then finishes it back to the road ahead. Lan Wangji didn't utter any response, neither by words nor gesture.

Tiao Reinshun didn't take this as sign of hopelessness. They're all grew up together, and saw more than the others could, more than her brother could, so she knew that behind his silent are jumbling thoughts.

She only smiles at his restlessness and shook her head, then sigh. Turns out she could only wait for better news from far future.

Arriving at Caiyi Town, Tiao Reinshun took the responsibility to carry A-Yuan so the three of them could enjoy the festive yet quiet town. Xingxiu Xuanyu knew this part of her and so he could tell her real intention.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji are strolling, looking at the shops one by one, while Tiao Reinshun and Xingxiu Xuanyu with A-Yuan are just behind them, not too far yet not too near either.

"Before it was Huan'xiong whom always with us, we always met coincidentally and we always leaving them to enjoy themselves. To think that I'll strolling into Caiyi Town again but with someone else while watching Ying'gege and Wangji'xiong altogether the same. Truthfully, some things changed, some things did not change at all."

"Would you... prefer Huan'xiong?"

"Hmm... It's nice being accompany by him, we always come up with things to make a bet. But... hmmm... I think," she turns to Xingxiu Xuanyu with smile, "It's better with you."

Blush crept up on Xingxiu Xuanyu's face as he felt flustered and awkwardly happy, that he could only utter an almost quiet "right" and nods.

With one eyebrow raise, still with smile she looks at A-Yuan that pinch her cheek with toothy grin. Meanwhile those two, like there is no time pass, they reverted back on the first time they have strolled around the town.

Sweet, clingy and at each other's guard, totally forgotten that they have three other companions, that they didn't realize that are no longer on their tail and now currently out of their near sight; and when they finally realize it, there's no panic nor worry emerge in them, knowing they could be just nearby, probably resting in one of the restaurants.