Chapter 35 The Ritual Begins

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 35 The Ritual Begins

Hua Xie's eyes widen, as finally sighted the two young masters walking in distance.

Immediately, the Zhuque Sect's disciple opens the door, welcoming them with wide bright smile, attends everything they needed in rush; from providing hot bath, new set of inner clothes and hot drinks.

Through his observant sight, Hua Xie noticed right away that the awkwardness between them finally gone, as if there's nothing in the first place, which the shidi has thankful of. He just really doesn't know what he should do to lessen that awkwardness between this two; in this kinds of moments Hua Xie wishes that the Head Disciple of Liu's House is present, knowing for sure she could do something. Anyways, all is well that will end well, and that's what important.

Today is the day of the sacrificial ritual, when the two young masters and the disciple are sure Wei Wuxian will be the lamb for their "Divine Beast". Wei Wuxian has prepared his mind and spiritual energy. Their only problem is how will Lan Wangji could enter. In this puzzlement, the disciple raises his hand and with grin gave a suggestion, that soon both have agreed.

The whole day just so happen uneventful, just the two in silence while in lotus posture, meditating, preparing their spiritual energy for the battle later. The disciple prepares, not himself, but food that could boost one's stamina and energy for Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji, he wanted to help on anything he could; he even gone so far as preparing sets of inner clothes for them in advance, so when they come home, whatever hour it is, they could soak in warm bath and sleep.

Three hours after they have their early dinner, Wei Wuxian stands at the door, and was about to open the door when...

"Ying-gongzi," it's Hua Xie, who stand behind him, hands clap, and bow to Wei Wuxian when he turns, "this disciple wishes your success and safety." Wei Wuxian smiles, and with thank you, finally left the house. Not even a half hour later, Lan Wangji stride towards the door, and the disciple once again clap his hands and bow, "Lan-gongzi, may success and safety be with you... and please may gongzi and Ying-gongzi comes back together."

Without turning his head, Lan Wangji response in almost inaudible icy voice of his, "mn." This simple response from the Second Young Master Lan assures the anxiety in the disciple even for a little.

It didn't take much time before Lan Wangji spotted the group of men with their Village Chief which leading the way. While four men holds torches, lighting their path; six men carries a sort of portable makeshift shrine out of birch wood, atop of it is someone sleeping peacefully. Lan Wangji may not be able to see who that person is, but he knew that it is none other his Wei Wuxian, dress as a maiden. With him being carried by men of the village, the procession towards the "Divine Beast" cavern begun.

Upon exiting their village, and entering the mountain foot, Lan Wangji who has long black hair, and dress in black robe has successfully sneak in the procession, without breaking a sweat. The procession is quiet, everyone is tense, still they are internally thankful that the mountain is tame and no snowstorm, it is like the "Divine Beast" is welcoming their offering. Wei Wuxian peaks through slit of his eyes to see their current location, when he is sure that they are near to the mountaintop, he pretends that he is shocked and confuse upon waking up, together with shooting up on his shrine, and with high pitch voice ask the normal question a fair maiden in fear and confuse would.

"What's happening?"

"Who are you lot?! Wait—Village Chief?!"

His acting is so flawless that it is convincing.