Chapter 04 The Drifting Cloud

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 04 The Drifting Cloud

Wei Ying is studying the history of different sects when a certain sect caught his full attention.

XingXiu CaiPi, "GusuLan Sect? Why the sudden interest A-Ying?"

"Do you know them? Are they still existing?"

"Well yeah, of course. The Lan Clan is one of prominent sects, they are known being righteous and upright people, especially known for their rules."

"Rules?"

XingXiu CaiPi nodded, "A-Ying which sect have most rules?"

"Hm? Umm... LanlingJin Sect!"

"Correct. However, the GusuLan beaten them with 3000 rules, carved in stone wall."

Wei Ying couldn't hide his shock, "Wh-" making XingXiu CaiPi smile.

"Now then, answer me A-Ying, why are you interested in them?"

Wei Ying pouted and didn't answer.

He, himself, doesn't know where this feeling is rooting. Wei Ying simply just couldn't help but wanting to know more about their sect-no, something deeper than interest, but the child is just nine years old, how will he possibly know the answer, or figure out this feeling?

XingXiu CaiPi and Tiao LiuJuan understand him, so they did not push the topic.

"Me, and Liu will be going at GusuLan sect three days from now, wanna go with us A-Ying?"

"Can I?!" Wei Ying beams.

XingXiu CaiPi nodded, "but-" he paused, "We don't want them to feel disrespected. A-Ying do you know what you need to do?"

"No Uncle Cai."

"To show respect, you must know their rules; don't break them and later reasoned that you don't know them."

Wei Ying, "Then I must-"

"You think you can do it before our departure?"

Wei Ying is no doubt smart, everyone knew that, but Wei Ying isn't, he is in stage of self-doubt. Thanks to everyone's effort the young master able to past self-pity, but this? Yeah, he is mischievous for goodness sake, but self-doubt is still different topic. They having a hard time removing it even after raining him with praises. Wei Ying's self-doubt seems not faltering. Memorizing the 3000 rules of GusuLan sect might help to crack the hard shell, they only could hope so.

The Madam that embraced Wei Ying two years ago enters Sect Leader's office chamber.

"My lovely wife! What are you doing here?" XingXiu CaiPi shows his happiness seeing the woman.

"I'm looking for A-Ying..."

"Another prank?" The Madam giggles behind her sleeves, XingXiu CaiPi and Tiao LiuJuan made an awkward smile knowing they were right.

Tiao LiuJuan, "Houki, A-Ying is currently memorizing the GusuLan sect's rules."

"Oh... isn't he a little young for that?"

"Not at all, not at all my love~"

"But 3000 rules for a nine-year-old child?"

"A-Shun memorized the 3000 rules when she's only seven."

"This is a good time and way to develop their brain."

"How long did A-Shun takes to memorized it?"

"At least five days."