Chapter Forty-One

(For no reason in particular, I decided to switch this story to 3rd person POV. 🤷🏼‍♀️ P.S... I also thought I discontinued this story and yet here I am 🤭)

Chef sobbed into his hands, his elderly mother rubbing his back in a soft, comforting manner.

"I know, baby, I know... but yo' Daddy would be so happy to know his baby is still alive and well!" Chef's mother told him as tears fell down her own chubby face, "To think that I just lost my husband two months ago... only to find out that my precious baby boy is still walking this Earth to keep our legacy alive! Oh thank the lord! Thank the lord and all his blessing's!!"

"It was that damn lockness monster, wasn't it!? He killed my father! Why couldn't he just let go of that damn tree-fitey!" Chef sobbed out in anger.

"No, baby. It wasn't Mr. Lockness monster. In fact, that monster gave a beautiful speech at his funeral, thanking him for all those times he lent him tree-fitey, even though he never paid him back," She laughed, "He passed by a heart attack, baby. Doing the thing he loved most... eating your delicious Chocolate, salty balls recipe." Chef couldn't help showing a small smile, happy to know his late father didn't have an agonizing death, at least not similar to how he did.  He looked back up at the group of teenagers watching him and wiped his face.

"Ah, sorry Children. I've just been gone for so long... hearing about my father passing through the pearly gates... was just a lot to hear first thing." He shrugged.

"Aw, chef, it's okay! I'd be pretty fucked up too if I lost about six years of my life and came back to find out my father was dead." Kyle shrugged, placing a gentle hand on his arm.

"Thanks, Kyle... it has been a very traumatic experience... and what you children have told me about the Super Adventure Club... man... I just can't believe I let any of this happen... I should've never left South Park." Chef had a very guilty expression cross over his face.

"It doesn't matter! What matters now is that you're back!" Stan grinned, and without a second thought, buried his face into chef's big, round stomach and wrapped his arms around him.

"Chef... we've been really lost without you these past few years. And a lot has happened..." Kyle added as he rubbed his friend's back.

"I never realized how much I thought of you as a- wuh- father figure before you died..." Butters mentioned shyly, tracing Chef's mom's polished wooden floors with his foot.

"Aw children! I was trying to pull myself together..." Chef sniffled with a laugh as the tears began to roll again. He scooped up Kyle and Stan, hugging them back tightly. Butters ran up and joined in. All four of them began to sob. Y/n watched with a small smile tugging at her lips. Then Clyde started wailing out of nowhere and dramatically flailing into the embrace as well.

"Chef! We missed you so much!!" Clyde cried with boogers streaming out of his nostrils.

"Yeesh..." Y/n laughed, before Token, Craig, Tweek, and even Jimmy tearfully joined the sappy hug. Of course, Chef's mother also hugged him once again. Y/n was suddenly standing all alone, staring at them awkwardly. But it was a nice thing to see, even if she had no idea who Chef was.

"Alright! Alright now! Let's get serious... what the hell is going on, children? You guys were talking about Cartman running for president?" Chef asked.

"Right. At first, you'd just laugh at the idea, right? Because how the hell does CARTMAN think he's going to become president?" Kyle began.

"Well, you'd be very wrong, because he already has millions of Americans siding with him and his campaign." Stan rolled his eyes with crossed arms.