Chapter Forty-Nine

Y/n stood there, still hunched over the balcony. She stared at Pip down in the village as he was suddenly bombarded with crazed zombie men. He angrily grabbed a blacksmith's hammer from one of the shops and started swinging it and their heads. One of them grabbed him, sending him to the ground, and he knocked it's face in before swinging it under another's legs from underneath it, making it topple to the ground before he smashed its head in as well. He got back up and continued to angrily swing at these beasts, one by one, making it back to Damien's side. Y/n wondered if she should go help him, but the feeling of dread in her stomach, and the sight of him successfully fending for himself, left her paralyzed without a second thought of concern. Eventually he was standing over Damien's body, letting the monsters come to him so he could destroy their skulls.

She looked back as the people began to walk out of the castle again. Everyone was staring at her with shock and confusion. They were whispering about her again, but this time she could tell it was judgment. How could she let this happen? She had one fucking job. Was Cartman's electric shock really her biggest weakness? It seemed like one of his most basic spells, and yet, it completely destroyed the Dark Knight and her steed. Her beautiful dress was destroyed as well. Her stomach was on fire. She slid down the side of the palace wall and buried her face in her hands. King Kyle hated her now. Her trust with the Kingdom was destroyed in one second. How did he manage to do this to her again? How did he manage to separate her from her beloved Princess? How did she let this happen?

"What the hell was that?!" Someone finally shouted at her from the small crowd forming outside.

"This is what we have to defend our Kingdom? I should've known the King was full of shit!" Someone else bantered.

"What did you expect? Cartman is the most powerful force in all the land! You think some stupid girl with a magic sword can defeat him?" She heard someone else say.

"Fuck you, Dark Knight!"

"You're worthless!"

"Why did they even bring you here?!"

"We married our princess off to this piece of shit?! Look where that got us!"

Karen stopped before her line of view, staring at her with disappointment and fear.

"Wh... What happened to my sister?" She questioned her.

Y/n couldn't take it. She stood up and began running away in the same direction Pip went. She felt like she should go disappear into there wilderness from which she came. She didn't deserve her titles and the recognition she had received. Everything was ruined. In a quick moment, the best day of her life had completely changed into the most shitty day she had ever experienced. She didn't want to be near the castle, let alone use any of its structures and commodities. She sobbed as she climbed down the rocks, scraping her burnt belly against the sharp, bluish stones and grainy textures. She slipped on her dressed and went toppling down the mountainside, towards the village, hitting her back and chest against every hard surface on the way down. Everyone watched her from the top, booing her and berating her as she fell.

When she hit the level ground, she felt like she couldn't move.  A few straggling zombies, some of them missing limbs and half of their faces, resembling the undead much more, came hobbling towards her. She just lay there, ready for them to start tearing her flesh from the bone and eat her alive. One of them had nearly reached her before Pip smacked it in the head.

"Dark Knight!" He exclaimed, hitting another as it drew near, "Thank goodness you came down here, I need a bit of help. HUURAGGH!!" He threw down his hammer and a squishy sound burst through the air as another zombie's head became jelly and mush. He looked at her feeble face again as she slowly sat up and scrubbed the tears from her face.