Chapter Forty-Four

Y/n, Pip, and Damien finally decided to rest for the night after flying for hours. Even by wing, the Kingdom was far away as all hell. Y/n couldn't begin to imagine how long it would've taken her to get there on her own, and that's assuming she even heard about the Elven Kingdom and King Kyle once she finally happened to stumble upon new people.

"So if everyone is looking for me... How the hell did you guys manage to find me all the way out here? And what do you think it means?" Y/n asked as she dropped a bunch of dry wood and straw down on the ground. Pip was carefully constructing a fire pit, surrounding a tipi of red and purple branches with a bunch of stones, which were naturally shades of light bluish gray and green.

"It's all kind of a long story," he flicked his hand towards Pip's stick structure, and a couple sparks flew from his finger tips, causing the fire pit to burst into flames when it made contact with the colorful brush and logs, "But as far as finding you... that was all on my demon senses," he pointed to his temple with two fingers, "The King and the Princess know about my powers, that's why they knew I could find you. But they both want you there for totally different reasons... well, sort of."

"Jesus. Every time I ask about what's going on, you give me an answer that confuses the shit out of me even more." She told him, plopping down next to Pip as their little fire lit up the area, just as the last little rays of sunlight disappeared over the horizon. Damien sighed dramatically, slowly sitting down next to Pip as well, trying to avoid knocking into there stuff with his giant wings.

"I guess it would be easier to explain everything if I started from the beginning." He shrugged.

"Well, since you apparently can't fly in the dark, I guess we have all night." Y/n rolled her eyes with a soft smile.

"I can fly in the dark. It's not like— vampire rules, Y/n. I just can't see in the dark. I'll have no idea where the hell I'm going! I have a lot of cool powers as a demon, but surprisingly, night vision isn't one of them!" He glared at her, making her chuckle.

"Whatever dude, it's fine. You look exhausted anyway, of course you don't have to fly all night." She told him.

"Right... the stupid human half I got from my mom takes a toll too! You try flying thousands of miles in the air all day with two humans on your back!" He agreed with her, adding to his list of reasons why he can't fly as a demon pegasus during nightfall, which only made her laugh again and shake her head.

"Anyway..." He continued, "When we all got here... we all kinda woke up here, just like you. Except, it's weird because we didn't start from scratch. It's like we were all thrown into a new timeline with our designated positions. Kyle woke up as a King with a grand palace, that he has real memories of his village people helping him build from the ground up. Princess Kenny is his heir to the throne, although, there doesn't seem to be any family relation between them... Princess Kenny isn't Kyle's daughter, you know? Maybe he kinda adopted her? Even though I'm sure none of our ages have changed... I haven't asked, but she's just the princess, the King loves her like his own, and that's the way it is." Damien shrugged.

"Weird. I bet Kyle is a pretty good King, though, huh?" Y/n smiled at the thought of her friend, who was always fighting for what he thought was right back on Earth. He likely cared about all of his subjects deeply, and wanted to do what was best for his Kingdom.

"Oh! He most certainly is!" Pip suddenly gushed with excitement, "Although, I'd never choose The King's loyalty over my beloved Master Damien, I am absolutely honored to be his royal messenger! King Kyle is very generous, he never turns a cold shoulder to even his poorest peasants. Not even me! Damien brought me to him because he knew that King Kyle would have great pity for a poor peasant boy like me. The King practically plucked me straight out of poverty without hardly sparing me a second glance! No questions asked! He also has amazing, loyal companions that he counts on to help his kingdom prosper. He adopted me into the Elven Kingdom so quickly, I honestly couldn't believe it myself. Oh, and you mustn't forget that he is also the sacred keeper of the mystical Stick of Truth! We all believe in him to protect us from the Evil Wizard King!" Pip smiled brightly. Y/n smiled back, feeling relief after knowing that the Stick of Truth was still in good hands, but then she frowned again, looking at the ground.