Chapter Three

We spent the day scouting out the forest, looking for the Pringles can that was right under our noses. Then when we finally gave up, we went to Kyle's house to draw up a proper map.

"We already searched around Kenny's neighborhood. And the place Al Gore was staying isn't going to be of any help... Where else do you think he could've hidden them?" Kyle asked.

"Uhh... could it be around school?" Clyde suggested.

"Well, it could be. But why would it be?" Stan asked.

"M-maybe it's somewhere in town."

"No way. Everyone's been searched. Cartman made sure of it." Kyle said.

"Well, then it has to be someone who doesn't have a house. He must've given it to someone who wouldn't get tracked on the system." Stan said. I gulped. They were onto me. They just didn't realize it.

"Well, w-whatever... I-I think I'm gonna go home soon." Tweek said, looking around Kyle's bedroom with paranoia.

"Already? But we're just getting started!" Kyle said.

"Uh, actually... I should get going too. My Dad probably wants me home for dinner." Clyde said. Kyle let out a sigh.

"Fine. Stan, you should stay over with me tonight. We can work on who some of our major suspects could be. Kenny, are you in?" Kyle looked at him.

"Yeah, okay." He shrugged.

"Uh... what about me?" I asked.

"Oh... um... sorry, Y/n, I'm not allowed to have girls sleeping over at my house." Kyle said. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I fugured. Don't worry, I'll go sleep under the town bridge or something..." I sighed, standing up.

"Uh. Okay," Kyle said, "Stan, I already have a few ideas. First of all, this guy I once met named James. He was shady as hell, dude. Last time I saw him was on the corner of Cheripy Drive. He was talking about seeing man-bear-pig on the news."

Kenny watched me as I followed Tweek and Clyde out the door. I walked around town for a while before I came across a little basket ball court. The night was out, and it brought along it's chill. I'd probably freeze out here if I wasn't murdered first. I pulled out my ragged little blanket and wrapped it around me, using my bag as a pillow. I shivered. This was stupid. I should've been riding a bus a long time ago.

"What's so great about these dumb fucking Pringles anyway?" I whispered to my myself, eyeing my bag. I shouldn't have said it though, because now my curiosity was eating at me. I slowly unzipped my bag and dug through it. There it was. The sacred can. I carefully opened it and peeled back the paper. It certainly smelled weird. I pulled one of the chips up from the container. Moment of truth...

It crushed between my teeth. I was expecting my brain to explode with amazement from the taste... But the taste was quite odd. And after chewing on it for a while, and swallowing... the taste was horrible. It was just like salt and vinegar, only it was crossed with the strong hint of garlic, and some weird flavor that I could only describe as some sort of strange meat.

"Best flavor in exsistance, huh?" I shook my head with a sigh, capping it back up and shoving into my bag again.

"Uh. Hey." I heard someone say behind me after I zipped my bag again, making me jump out of my skin.

"Kenny!" I said when I faced him, "Uh... what are you doing here?"

"Uh... I saw you didn't have a place to sleep so I was going to invite you over to my house." He shrugged. I blinked at him.