Chapter Fifty

Y/n went to her Royal bedroom and wrapped some bandage around her chest, once again reminding herself all too much of the Silent Crusader, but with the burns on her stomach, she had no other choice

Y/n went to her Royal bedroom and wrapped some bandage around her chest, once again reminding herself all too much of the Silent Crusader, but with the burns on her stomach, she had no other choice. The pain was already terrible, let alone if it was rubbing against fabric constantly. She threw on some tights and a black shirt-looking-thing that definitely gave off medieval vibes. It had a hood on it, which she immediately threw over her head. She rummaged the room, trying to find things that might come in handy for a trip, totally abandoning her ruined wedding dress that she got married in hours ago. She found and old, dark leather belt and shrugged as she slid it around her waist. There was a rugged pair of knee-high boots that she threw on as well, tediously tying the strings all the way to the top, which took a very long time, but they fit nicely and she kind of liked the look of them.

"Are you two ready?" Y/n asked the two boys who were flopped over their couch.

"One second, we're still saying good bye to our couch." Damien said.

"You're kidding, right? You know we'll be back..." Y/n shook her head at them in confusion.

"Yeah, but we only got to spend one night in here." He whined.

"Yeah...? Well I was supposed to spend the night with the Princess tonight, and look how that turned out." She glared at them. The two boys looked at each other before standing up.

"Fair..." Damien said after clearing his throat. Pip gathered a small sack of bread and cheese and tied it to his belt. Damien threw a bag of cooking supplies and weapons over Pip's torso. Pip grabbed his messenger bag and rolled up a scroll.

"I've already prepared your message for the Huntress! Can't be a messenger without my scrolls." He smiled to Y/n, who smirked at him.

"So... how long do you think it'll take to find the Huntress?" Y/n questioned as they strolled down the palace halls.

"Who knows? She goes all over the forest, so it could be awhile." Damien said.

"Are you sure you'll be able to track her? How does your tracking even work?" Y/n shook her head at him.

"Demon sight." Damien stared at her with his eyes suddenly glowing red.

"Which is...?" Y/n furrowed her brow at him.

"As long as I have seen the person's face, and they exist in the same realm I'm in, I can envision where they are." Damien smiled, showing his teeth as he rubbed his temples.

"So you have... visions?" Y/n asked in a slight disbelief.

"Oh yeah. All the time. Sometimes even of people I don't remember seeing. Especially when something horrible happens to them." Damien frowned suddenly as he stared forward. Then he smiled again, "Why else do you think it was so easy to find Pip?" He wrapped his arm around him and dug his fist into his hair from under his hat, making him giggle.