Chapter Four

I sat around, scratching lines into my notebook. I was never exactly Divinchi when it came to drawing, but I liked doing it. It was relaxing and fun. It helped me express the things going on in my head. But the pencil snapped and I didn't have a sharpener. I sighed, throwing it next to the wall. I gazed down at my little house. It wasn't anything of a house, but I knew it was mine. I brushed my hand against my blanket. A pretty boring place if I had to be honest.

I picked up the notes on man-bear-pig and started reading through them for a while, until eventually Karen bursts through the door with a giant blanket-sack.

"Look at you you little scavenger! I hopped down from the loft, "What'd you bring me, huh?" I smiled.

"Check this out." She dropped it revealing a bunch of water bottles, another blanket, and two pillows for a bed. There was also some flashlights, bug spray, a hair brush, a nice knife, and of course the stove thing. Plus a little box of matches.

"Nice, dude. This is all really cool of you." I said, picking up the knife. She smiled happily. I immediately started putting everything away. She even helped me. When we were done, and my bed was made, she laughed.

"Maybe now that we're friends I can sleep over with you in your new house." She smiled up at me, swinging around the ladder on the ground below.

"Sure, ok." I shrugged, straightening the pillows. The door started to jiggle, and I heard Kyle's voice from outside. I sighed with a smile, dangling my legs over the side of the loft.

"Better let them in." I said. She ran up to the door and unlocked it. Kyle came in and immediately stared up in surprise.

"Hey boys." I smiled as they piled in, along with four other random kids in gothic clothing.

"Y/n?!" Kenny shoved to the front of the crowd to look at me, before going completely silent as his pupils when big with hope.

"Hi there." I said.

"I though something might've... happened to you... You weren't at my house, or anywhere in town." He seemed relieved to see me.

"Nah. I'm fine," I said, "So what're you guys doing in my new crib?"

"We brought the goth kids to do some reading on the rituals performed for man-bear-pig. They're good with demons and stuff." Stan said. I looked at the four gothic teens as they stood around touching their hair, smoking cigarettes, and giving me a judgmental look back.

"Your new crib??" Kyle looked angry all of the sudden as he questioned me.

"Yeah! I helped her set up." Karen butted in.

"Karen?" Kenny looked at her in surprise.

"Hey Kenny." She waved.

"You can't just show up and- live in here!" Kyle told me.

"Why not? It's empty, it's free, and it's safe. I don't have anywhere else, Kyle." I said. 

"Wh- I know but- we need to find more shit out about man-bear-pig!" He said.

"What's stopping you? I don't care if you guys are here, I just care that you respect that I'm using it as my house, so I make the rules, okay?" I said. Kyle seemed frustrated.

"Dude just let her have it. She said we can work here, let's just do it." Stan told him, putting down his bag of supplies.

"Actually, I have your notes right here, all neat and pretty. I was reading through them. I found a lot of valuable stuff." I grabbed the binder and climbed down the ladder, lending it to him for him to read through.