Prologue

(A/N: Hi and Welcome to Indigo Eyes - a Percy Jackson story. Some of these chapters are gonna be kinda chunky because this is the longest story I've ever written and I'm determined to cram it into one book so some of the chapters may change slightly if I need to move stuff around because I'm still editing. Some of the writing is direct from Rick's books because I was too lazy to reword it so of course all rights go to him and I only own Cressida and any original scenes I've created. Please don't plagiarise anything. And I hope you enjoy the story. XxD)

******************************************************************

Life was already scary for a demigod, but for Cressida Lynn, it was even worse.

Even before she was escorted to Camp Half-Blood by her Satyr protector, Gleeson Hedge, her life was extremely lonely. Her mother knew exactly who she was dealing with when she met Cressida's father, however, she was woefully ill-prepared to deal with the child that resulted from that relationship. Then again, most mortal parents never had to deal with a child that possessed the powers that Cressida did. Powers that doomed her to a life of solitude.

For the first seven years of her life, Cressida barely felt her mother's touch or the touch of other children. She was bottle-fed, isolated, and touched as little as possible; her essential needs were barely met so her mother could stay safe. It was a wonder that her mother kept her for as long as she did, but long after she arrived at Camp Half-blood, she suspected her father had something to do with the fact that her mother took on the insane task of caring for Cressida.

Because at the tender age of seven years old, her mother killed herself, and it was entirely Cressida's fault.

And no amount of consolation or absolution would ever take away the guilt she felt, and she would forever blame herself for it. Nor would it allow her to actually make some friends at Camp beyond her twin brothers, the only two people she felt safe to touch without fear of hurting them. Because the power that hummed beneath Cressida's veins was what made her touch so deadly since she couldn't control it, and the godly half that the three of them shared through their father was the only reason her brothers remained unhurt.

Powers that caused her hands to glow purple from the minute she hurt her mother up until she reached Camp, five days later. Gleeson had dealt with tough extractions before, but never one as high profile and as difficult as Cressida's. A trip that would normally take a day at most, on foot and with the usual amount of monster attacks took them five times as long, especially with Cressida's powers that she had no idea how to control, which essentially made her a beacon to every monster in the state.

And when she and Gleeson finally reached the top of Half-blood Hill, their clothes tattered and skin covered in nicks, scratches, dried blood and scraps of their clothes that they'd used as bandages, her hands were still glowing purple as the camp came to see the hydra that had chased them through the surrounding woods and was now throwing itself against the magical border that covered the entire camp.

Cressida had been crying silent tears as she'd lay down on the grassy hill, staring up at the blue sky as her chest heaved and Gleeson had patted her shoulder, whispering praises of a job well done for making it here alive. Over the past five days, he'd explained to her as much of the Greek world and the things of mythology that seemed to be real. He'd also learned that so long as he stayed clear of her hands, he'd be safe from her powers. It had been a very big risk, but one he'd needed to take to ensure her safety. He'd also been able to make the scared little girl smile a little with the nickname he'd given her. She was Ressa to the satyr, a name she was told meant leader or ruler, because he was sure that she had the qualities of a great leader. Especially considering the damage she'd done to the monster's they'd faced, not just with her hands but with the small switchblade he'd given her that was made out of celestial bronze, a metal she was told could kill the monsters but not humans.