Chapter 2

After having her brothers patch her up and feed her some ambrosia and nectar, they forced their sister on bed rest until the stitched-up scars on her stomach left from the hellhound vanished completely. And even though she hated being unable to leave her cabin, she loved how much her brothers cared for her. Castor brought her food and Pollux brought her the latest gossip. Such as the fact that Percy Jackson was a son of Poseidon. And Cressida could only imagine what type of trouble that would bring them. Pollux also told her about how Percy seemed rather lonely and depressed after being moved to cabin three and she wished she'd let that hellhound slaughter him.

She also wished that the creature attacked Chiron as well who sent a thanks and a congratulations on a job well done through Pollux.

However, the few days she spent healing was rather wonderful as she delved into the fantasy books her brothers brought back from their expeditions into the world. The most recent one was about a young boy around her age who learnt he was a wizard and was sent to a magical boarding school. She found herself relating to the boy except for the fact that he was welcomed by his peers unlike her.

She was in the middle of the story when someone knocked on her door and she sighed as she got up, her body still a little stiff.

"Did you forget your sword again, Pollux? I bet you're jealous of my bracelet now, you -"

Cressida cut off the insult she was about to say to who she thought was her brother but that turned out to be one of her least favourite people.

"What in Hades are you doing here?" she snapped as Percy Jackson stood outside her grapevine-covered cabin.

Percy looked nervous as he fidgeted with his fingers. "I just, I just wanted to see if you were ok. You know, after everything."

She scoffed. "Well, how nice of you," she said sarcastically. "And as you can see, I'm fine. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

He seemed to get annoyed with her response to his genuine concern. "What is your problem with me? You hate me and you don't even know me, even after I try to thank you for saving my life."

Her eyes narrowed as she took a menacing step forward, out of her cabin, and Percy took an anxious step back. "I don't owe you anything," she spat, not at all intimidated by him. "I didn't ask for your thanks nor do I want it because I told you, I didn't do it for you," she snarled through gritted teeth. "And you better watch yourself, Fish Face. Wouldn't want Cressida, the Lunatic, to make you lose your mind with a single touch," she threatened as she wiggled her fingers through the air.

"Likewise, Grape Girl," Percy returned, not shying away from her which surprised her greatly. "Wouldn't want you to have an unfortunate accident the next time you're near the canoe lake, or in the bathrooms."

But as quickly as she was thrown, did she get back on track.

"Yeah, because the son of Poseidon is useless without a water source, but me," she warned as she continued walking forward and Percy was forced to walk backward, the heels of his feet hitting the steps of the porch. "I don't need a source of power, I am power. And I suggest, you take the advice of every other person in this camp and stay the hell away from me."

And Percy made the mistake of taking another step backwards as he fell down the few stairs that led to the porch as the girl towered over him and yeah, she did seem rather powerful in that moment.

"Hey, Cress," called a voice and both of them turned to where her brother, Castor, not that Percy could tell the difference, stood with his arms crossed over his chest and a very big brother look on his face. "If you're done messing with the new kid, Papa summoned us."