Chapter 14

(A/N: Thank you guys for 1000 reads! This is the last chapter of the Lightning Thief before we move onto the Sea of Monsters. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

When Percy woke, he woke to the sick room of the Big house rather than the infirmary where Annabeth was feeding him nectar through a straw. Cressida was sitting in a chair on his other side with her nose in a book, a farewell present from her brothers.

"Here we are again," Percy murmured, his voice raspy like gravel.

"You're an idiot!" Annabeth exclaimed when she noticed he was awake, and Cressida shut her book. "You were green and turning grey when Cressida brought you to us. If it weren't for Chiron's healing..."

"Now, now," Chiron's voice said. "Percy's constitution deserves some of the credit. As does the piece of ambrosia Miss Lynn had the foresight to feed you. I'm afraid I would've been too late if not for that."

Percy's head rolled to the side to look at the daughter of Dionysus. "You saved me?"

She scoffed. "As if anyone else would save you."

"I'd hit you if I could move my arms," he murmured and the girl smiled as she reached for a washcloth and began to dab it on his forehead, the cold feeling nice.

"What a way to thank your friend who saved your life," she mocked.

"Thank you," he rasped.

"You're welcome," she returned before dipping the washcloth again.

"How are you feeling?" Annabeth asked.

"Like my insides have been frozen and then microwaved."

"Apt, considering that was pit scorpion venom. Now you must tell me, if you can, exactly what happened," Chiron said and between sips of nectar, Percy told them the story and the room was smothered in silence.

Cressida never really knew Luke well asides from the fact that he failed a quest, and everyone loved him and boasted about the fact that he was the best swordsman in over a hundred years. She was kicking herself, however, for not figuring out where the flying shoes came from in the first place. Even though she was barely conscious and preoccupied when the shoes went haywire.

But she could tell that Annabeth was heartbroken. Everyone knew the story of how she and Luke and Thalia ended up at camp together. Cressida always suspected that Annabeth liked Luke a little too much but to each their own, she guessed.

"I can't believe that Luke..." Annabeth's voice faltered. Her expression turned angry and sad. "Yes. Yes, I can believe it. May the gods curse him... He was never the same after his quest."

"This must be reported to Olympus," Chiron murmured. "I will go at once."

"Luke is out there right now," Percy said. "I have to go after him."

"You aren't in any position to go anywhere, Fish Face," Cressida told him, her hand on his shoulder.

"Percy, the gods-"

"Won't even talk about Kronos!" Percy snapped, cutting off Chiron. "Zeus declared the matter closed."

"Percy, I know this is hard. But you must not rush out for vengeance. You aren't ready," the centaur said. Percy guessed that Chiron had also been ordered not to talk about it, thunder booming overhead and preventing Chiron from saying any more. Chiron and Percy went back and forth a bit more, the centaur leaving Percy with the choice he had to make on whether or not to be a summer camper or a year-round camper. But his parting words were for Annabeth. "Oh, and, my dead, whenever you're ready, they're here."