Chapter 120

With his ADHD, Percy was losing track of how many problems they had.

First Annabeth had explained why Hermes had been mad at her and it was because Luke had come to her months ago under a flag of truce. He wanted her to come away with him, and together they would leave everything behind. Kronos, the gods, all of it. She'd thought it was a trick and said no, but now she was tormenting herself with what if's. What if he was serious? What if he hadn't stayed with Kronos? What if people would still be alive if she'd said yes?

Percy had assured that she made the right choice before Grover turned up with Mrs O'Leary. Not only were there other Titans fighting in the army, but they were all waiting for tonight to attack. Grover had mobilized the nature spirits to help but it wasn't much, especially not when Thalia gave him an update on the gods. Zeus had ordered the few that would stand and fight with them to remain at his side. Typhon had just passed the Appalachian mountains where Hermes said Cressida's father had fallen, so at most, they had a little over a day before the storm giant arrived.

And then to top it all off, Jake Mason had deduced that Kronos attacked the Williamsburg Bridge like he knew they were going to go there because it was one of their weaker points. He barely touched the Lincoln Tunnel where all the Hunters were. Which could only mean that one thing - the spy was still feeding him information.

They didn't have time to worry about the spy though. They still had things to worry about - sleep being one of them as Thalia ordered him to bed, threatening to knock him out if he didn't go and promising to take care of Cressida for him.

His dreams were no comfort either though.

First, he saw Nico in the Underworld as he learned what happened to his mother and how she'd been killed by Zeus so Hades hid away his children in the Lotus Casino to keep them safe and to control the prophecy so he could get back at him for it by becoming king of the gods. Then he saw Rachel writing in Greek on the sand at a beach before begging her father to take them back to New York because Percy was in danger and she had to deliver a message to him. She knew Manhattan was under attack somehow.

And then when he woke up, a Titan wanted to see him.

Though the Titan came under a flag of truce, he was still escorted by a ten-metre tall giant that carried the flag, with blue skin and icy hair. A Hyperborean, a supposedly peaceful species of giant.

The Titan was in a tux as he was escorted by a half-blood dressed in armour and an empousa in a black dress. He was Prometheus. And the demigod was Ethan and while the sight of him made Percy's blood boil at the amount of pain he'd put the girl he liked through, he felt better when he saw Ethan's messed up nose as a result of Percy's blow on the bridge. 

He tried to convince Percy to give up, pointing out the very obvious reasons why the Titans would win despite any attempt at rebellion.

He and Ethan went at it verbally for a little while before Prometheus pressed a finger to Percy's forehead before he could react, thinking that if he knew Luke's full story - the parts that Hestia didn't show him - perhaps then he'd understand.

He saw an argument between Luke and Hermes about everything. His destiny, leaving him alone, camp, loving him. And Luke had simply stormed out after reaching the tear-inducing conclusion that he had a new family and didn't need his mother or his father - he vowed to never need his father since his father wasn't actually there as the god's face looked liquid in the candlelight, like he couldn't decide what shape to adopt.

And when Percy came to, Prometheus' words were really damn convincing, but then Percy thought about Cressida. He thought about everything she'd been through and how Kronos had tricked her into sacrificing her life in an attempt to take one of the most powerful pieces off the chessboard if he couldn't claim it.

Percy had then clenched his fists - as much as he had his own problems with the gods, he hated Kronos so much more. So he replied to Prometheus with the words, "I'll give you a deal. Tell Kronos to call off his attack, leave Luke Castellan's body and return to the pits of Tartarus. Then maybe I won't have to destroy him."

Prometheus then gave Percy a parting gift in case he changed his mind - Pandora's box - Pandora's Jar, rather. Inside was Elpis, the Spirit of Hope, contained unless she was given permission to be released by a child of man. If he saw enough destruction and gave up hope, they'd know they were surrendering and he promised Kronos would be lenient and spare the survivors. And once the gift was given it couldn't be taken back.

So Percy had Thalia lock it in the hotel safe after discussing the vision he saw before he fell back asleep.

But once again his dreams were more akin to nightmares.

And when he woke, he sat up so fast that he hit armour. "Ow!"

"Ditto, Fish Face," Cressida gasped from where he'd headbutted her breastplate, winding her. "I was just about to wake you up," she explained as he rubbed his head and then she saw the expression of realisation cover his face. "Hey, what's up with you, Captain Nemo?"

"Nothing," he insisted, deciding that the fact that May Castellan had tried to become the Oracle wasn't important. "'What – what are you doing in armour? You should be resting."

"I told you I was going to be fine, Fish Face," she said but she was still pale, her eyes still dull and she could barely move her left arm. "Will fixed me up and Pollux snuck me more ambrosia.

"Cress! You've had way too much of that stuff. And seriously, you are in no shape to go out and fight."

She rolled her eyes as she offered him her good arm and yanked him to his feet and only then did he notice Annabeth standing behind her, the girl extremely cautious of Cressida and uncaring about Percy.

Outside, the sun was already about to set as the sky turned purple and red. "Barnacle Brain, even if I can't fight, which I still can, I have powers. I'll be fine. I even managed to convince Pollux I was ok."

Percy raised his brows as if he didn't quite believe it.

"Uh, she actually did. And we're going to need every person we can get. I just saw in my shield, there's an army -"

"Heading south into Central Park," Percy finished. "I know."

Percy told them parts of his dreams, leaving out select things and neither one of the girls liked it.

"Do you think Ethan knows about your Achilles spot?" Cressida asked and Annabeth hid a smile, knowing that Cressida was the only person who knew where the spot was.

"I don't know," Percy said honestly. "He didn't tell Kronos anything, but if he figures it out –"

"We can't let him."

"I'll bonk him on the head harder next time," he said, and Cressida smiled and she rolled her eyes before he turned to Annabeth. "Any idea what surprise Kronos was talking about?"

She shook her head. "I didn't see anything in the shield, but I don't like surprises."

"Agreed," Percy and Cressida said in unison before Cressida turned to Percy.

"So are you going to let me come or do we need to argue about it?" she asked and he smirked.

"Well, it would be fun to bicker with you but we don't have time, and you'd probably just beat me up and come anyway," Percy realised and she managed a laugh which was good to hear but Percy could also hear the pain she was still keeping back. 

"Damn straight. It only took you almost five years to learn but at least you got it."

He stuck his tongue out at her before grabbing his sword and they left to rally the troops.