Chapter 13

Percy seemed in a much better when he got back into the taxi, but he refused to tell her why as they rode back to camp, Cressida having swiped her LotusCash card to pay the driver, not having realised she tossed it into the bottom of her bag. And when they finally reached camp, Cressida threw all her things on the floor as she went running into her brothers' arms. They didn't care how dirty she was, all they cared about what that she was back as they crushed her between them and there was never a better feeling.

And then came the feast.

They were the first heroes to return alive to Half-Blood Hill since Luke, so according to tradition, they wore laurel wreaths to the feast prepared in their honour. Cressida's brothers smothered her more than ever before, even talking to her about everything that happened outside the bathroom door while she showered, with intent questioning on the fact that there was a third charm now on her bracelet. And let's just say that there were more hugs when she was able to tell them that she made friends.

So as they headed to the feast, Cressida in a fresh camp half-blood shirt, leggings and purple vans with her wreath on her head, her brothers lifted her onto their shoulders once more as people cheered for her for the first time in her life.

They also got to burn the burial shrouds that their cabins had made for them in their absence. Cressida's was still stained with tears from both her brothers who were forced to make it because they were under the impression that they would never see their baby sister again. It was stunning, purple silk with golden grapevine embroidery.

Annabeth's was pretty as well, grey silk with embroidered owls.

Percy was smart to comment on Annabeth's shroud rather than Cressida's because if he remarked on Cressida's, she would've done a lot more than punch him and tell him to shut up when he said it was a shame not to bury her in it.

But being the son of Poseidon who had no cabin mates, Percy couldn't say shit when they found out that the Ares cabin had volunteered to make his, with the aid of Cressida's twin brothers.

They'd taken an old bedsheet and painted smiley faces with X'ed-out eyes around the border, and the word LOSER painted really big in the middle. The twins had then taken grapes and made grape juice that they splashed onto the sheet to look like blood.

It was rather fun to burn.

The Apollo cabin led the sing-along as they passed out toasted marshmallows and it was the first time that Cressida felt, content as she was surrounded by everyone. She was happy as she sat with her brothers, with Percy and the Hermes cabin and Annabeth and the Athena cabin and even Grover's satyr buddies who were admiring his brand-new searcher's licence he'd received from the Council of Cloven Elders.

The Ares cabin were the only ones not celebrating after they heard the way Percy defeated their father and the way Cressida disrespected him.

Not even those meatheads could dampen the mood as Cressida's father stood to give his welcome home speech.

"Yes, yes, so the little brat didn't get himself killed and now he'll have an even bigger head. In other news, my daughter brilliantly completed a quest and saved all your underserving souls. You delinquents could learn something from her," he said, and the girl blushed as she was hoisted up onto her brothers' shoulders again as they cheered. And then Annabeth joined in as she stood. And then Percy started whistling as he stood, Grover following suit.

And slowly, the Athena cabin stood, clapping with their sister.

And then the Apollo cabin.

The Aphrodite cabin.

The Hephaestus cabin.

And even though the firelight made them glisten, the son of Poseidon was extra adept to the fact that Cressida was brought to tears as almost the entire camp cheered for her.