Chapter Eleven - Juliet

"Hey, Juliet," Brooke's girl friend says as she leaves Brooke's room to head to the kitchen. And to be clear, she's just a friend that happens to be a girl, or that's how Brooke explains their relationship. I wave to Kirstyn from the living room couch. Since the party last weekend, the girl that Brooke had her tongue down has been visiting every night and they've been getting louder and louder during their times together.

Which has me thinking of the guy I fucked in the laundry room.

Again.

Now sexless for a week and hearing the moans of my friend at night just makes me utterly lonely which is a strange feeling for me. At least when I was with Michael, he would actually be there for me. I mean, we had an apartment together, we slept together, and I pledged to marry him but now all that is suddenly gone. I hate that he's left such a big whole in my heart after I was unhappy for so long but yet...

God, I need to get laid again.

If only I had given that guy my number after he made me orgasm fucking twice, then maybe I wouldn't be so on edge lately. Maybe if I had told him my name or if I had let him tell me his, I wouldn't be in this mess.

But I'll deal with the consequences of my actions. I just hope he has a great life, especially since he knows how to pleasure a woman.

The thing is... I have no idea what to do with my life anymore. I grew up in a rich household and dated the richest guy in school. I was fine being eye candy for Michael for the rest of my life as I knew I it would always come with stability. Of course, Michael turned out to be a shitty dirtbag and I have enough self-respect to get the fuck away from him and that life. But now that that life is gone, I have no idea what is next for me.

Brooke eventually saunters out of her bedroom, looking absolutely ravishing as I know she had a great last night. In her oversized t-shirt, she flops onto the couch beside me and smiles, "Isn't life just wonderful?"

I laugh. "You have no shame."

"It's not my fault that you've been holed up here for a week."

"You still have no shame waving your big dick energy around like it's nothing!"

"If only I had a real dick, I'd be riding you like your golden boy last week." Ever since I told her what happened that night, she's been endlessly asking me to give me details upon details of my one night stand. I've given her as much as I can, mostly consisting of the act itself, but I can only describe his looks so far. I have no other indication on who he is and my dumbass never read his name on his ID, just his birthday, which was fucking one week ago.

"You are such a charmer," I laugh.

"And you love me regardless."

And I do. Brooke and I have been friends ever since we were sent to the principal's office in the first grade after fighting for a toy at recess. Since that day, we've been joined at the hip. I sigh and rise. "You're right though," I say as I stretch. "I have been holed up here. I should get out today."

"That's my girl," Brooke smiles. She pokes my knee with her foot. "And maybe you'll run into your golden boy."

I roll my eyes. "Oh please."

"I'm serious! I've never seen you so lovesick before."

I roll my eyes again. "That's because I've only ever been with Michael. I don't have much experience with fucking other guys before."

"Keep telling yourself that, hun."

***

Deciding to head to my parents' house as I haven't seen them in a bit and because I need to see if they're still pissed at me, I get dropped off by Brooke while on her way to work. As I walk down our neighborhood - Minnesota living up to their standards of never fucking having sidewalks unless you're in the city - I start to feel that something is... off.

I don't know the reason for this until I actually arrive.

Walking into my parents' house, I can hear voices in the kitchen which only makes my skin crawl even more. Slowly, I edge my way forward to find Mr. and Mrs. West standing with my parents, having a lovely cocktail.

"Juliet!" my mother says once she sees me lingering. Everyone turns to me and all I want to do is run away. "We were just talking about you."

I give them a strained smile. "Sorry for interrupting. I didn't know that you would have company."

"That's alright, darling," my father smiles sweetly.

Looking at him like he's an alien, I point behind me. "I can come back later."

"No, no," my father says quickly. "We actually need you for this bit, so please sit down."

And there's the warning bells again.

Only because Mr. and Mrs. West are here, I walk into the kitchen and sit at the counter. Mr. West smiles and says, "Juliet, we came to see if there was a way for you to take back our Michael." Feeling all life drain from my face, I stare at them in shock. When I visited them, they seemed to understand that Michael and I weren't on the same page but was that all just a lie?

"What?" I croak out.

"Of course, we'll hold off the engagement again, but Michael has promised to be on good behavior and-"

"You're playing a trick on me," I interrupt.

Mr. West's cheek twitches because I know he absolutely loathes when people interrupt him and because of this Mrs. West jumps in, "We understand that Michael is quite flawed and has hurt the trust built between you and him but he has promised to change his ways."

I look to my parents and of course they won't defend me. "Michael hurt me and didn't care. I won't go back to a man that would do that."

"Juliet, why don't we have you two sit down and talk this through."

"No."

My mother looks to me quickly, "Juliet, don't be rude."

"I'm not being rude. I'm being the only reasonable person here!" All four of them frown and I just simply feel like hurling my guts out. Looking at them all individually, I know there's a deeper meaning to this. Mr. and Mrs. West are the richest people around and hold a lot of power among this city but they're not evil. "Why are you asking me of this? Michael can get any woman he wants and I much prefer that he does."

The Wests look to one another and the patriarch nods subtly. "Rumors are starting to fly about the reason for the breakup. In this day and age, many have concluded it to be Michael's fault."

I cross my arms over my chest. "Because it was Michael's fault."

"Needless to say, we still don't want Michael's image to be ruined because of one rough day."

"You're fucking joking," I snap.

"Juliet!" my mother shrieks.

"It's his fucking fault for being the biggest douchebag I've ever met. It's his fault for being a lazy lover. It's his fucking fault for making his partner physically and mentally resent him. I do not care what Michael does in the future as long as it does not fucking include me." I stand and look at all their growing anger towards me but I don't give two flying shits what they think. "I am not going back to him. Ever."

Before they all have a chance to ruin my mood anymore, I storm out of the house and run back to the main road. Now without a ride, I walk along the busy street - still no fucking sidewalks - and call for an Uber. Because we are in a smaller town, I walk a mile and a half before the ride gets to me.

I don't even know why I chose the address that I did when I should have just went back to Brooke's apartment but knowing that she wouldn't be there, I just... I don't know why. Maybe because I'm so distraught by everything... Maybe because what just happened seemed like a dream.

When I arrive, I don't think I have the right place, but there it is. The truck that drove me home. For all my life, I don't think I'll ever forget that truck. Seeing that they're open, I nervously walk up to the front door and the bell rings above my head. Smelling like a normal hardware store, I spot an older gentleman doing inventory. Without turning, he says, "Let me know if you need any help."

Nervously, I walk up to the man and when he turns to notice me, his eyebrows lift. "I-is Charlie here?" I ask him.