Chapter Fifty - Charlie

Seth and I exit my truck, him already super excited to be here. Me on the other hand? Nervous as fuck. I've been jittery about this day for an entire week. Leia agreed to meet us here but what if she never shows? Then I would have come to a place I really kind of don't want to be. I'm only here to have an excuse to hang out with her.

"Hey there's the lovebirds," Seth says as we enter the large farmhouse. We find Max and Jules by the punchbowl. Since they made up a couple days ago, it's like they're on their honeymoon once again. Even now Max keeps his hands on her as she wraps her arms around his neck, smiling like a fucking idiot. After we shove our way to them, Seth laughs, "May I join this love affair?"

Max immediately flips him off while Jules laughs. "Any time, Montgomery. Any time."

Seth blows her a kiss while Max gives him a death glare. "What are we drinking tonight?" I ask to get off the topic of a polyamorous relationship.

Max raises a brow. "Evans? You rarely drink at parties."

"I drink," I counter. "Just not that much."

"He's just nervous," Jules chimes in as she reaches for punch. "He has a date tonight."

Curse her and running my mouth to her. Seth and Max turn to me suddenly. "You have a date?!" Seth exclaims.

I cringe away from him. "No! It's not a date."

"But he wants it to be," Jules chimes as she shoves the punch in my hands.

"Shut up," I say as I feel my cheeks burn.

"Well who is it?" Max asks.

"You don't know her," I say, still not wanting to say her name out loud. "Just... you'll meet her if she shows up." And fuck do I hope she shows up. As if talking about her has her suddenly appearing, my phone vibrates in my back pocket and a text from Leia says she just arrived. I text back we're at the punchbowl. I look up to see my three friends giving me knowing looks. "If any of you fuck this up-" I start as my hands start shaking.

Max grabs my shoulder. "Nah, it'll be you who fucks it up."

Jules slaps him on his chest. "Way to be supportive," she grumbles.

"Just don't be yourselves," I say as I start to look for her.

"That's stupid," Max says.

"There she is," I gasp as Leia comes into the main space of the home. She looks around for someone aka me. "Just please don't fuck this up," I plead with them one more time.

"Have faith in us, Jesus Christ," Max says as Leia spots me.

I wave her over and Seth turns to see the mystery girl. Leia stops at us and smiles, "Hi Charlie, hey Seth."

My smile fades. "Hey Leia," Seth says.

"You two met?" I ask.

"She's in my art class," Seth says and turns to me. It hits him that my crush is literally her and says quickly, "And how about you two?"

"We're in literature together," Leia responds. She gives me a quick smile before her eyes flick to Jules and Max.

Noticing her stare, Jules waves. "I'm Juliet and I'm this one's girlfriend," she says as she points to Max.

"Max," he simply says.

"Oh, you're the one that shares a birthday with Charlie," Leia says.

Max raises a brow and nods. "That is correct."

"So, what are we drinking tonight?" Leia asks as she looks around the party. God, I could just watch her all day and admire her beauty.

"Depends if you're driving or not," Max responds as he grabs some punch.