Part 5

A knock on the door sounds and I ignore it, my head hurting way too much to stand up. Reading hurts and looking at a computer screen is even worse.

"You weren't in class so I ditched," Harry says, my lips curving. I roll over to see him walking in, his hand holding his book and keys.

"How's your head?" he asks, pulling my chair up to the bed to sit beside me.

"It hurts," I whisper, closing my eyes as he sets his hand on mine.

"Can I do anything for you?" he asks, my head shaking.

He brushes his fingers through my hair and I open my eyes, looking at him. He moves out of his chair and kneels beside the bed, his eyes looking into mine.

"You've been out for two days," he says, mindlessly moving his fingers through my hair.

I hum, closing my eyes as he makes me smile. His finger pokes my nose and I laugh, rolling onto my back to get comfortable.

"I have a fight tonight," he says, my eyes opening to look at him.

I sit up and he stands, noticing my sudden strike of worry. I've never been a fan of violence, but Harry's shown me a side of him I don't think others have seen.

"I, uh, want you to come but your head hurts," he says, but I shake my head.

"I-I'll come."

He smiles, grabbing my hands. Once I'm standing, he sets his hand on my back and I grab my clothes.

"Elle, I have a question for you," he says, leaning against the dresser. He's close to me, my head looking up at him.

"Do you think...we could have a relationship?" he asks, my lips pressing together.

"I mean we can take it slow and everything, but I really like you," he explains, my heart pounding against my chest.

"I don't know," I whisper, his finger moving beneath my chin to get me to look at him.

"Why couldn't we?" he asks abruptly upon my confusion.

I look away from him, grabbing my black tee before I look back up at him. There's so much I'm confused about; his attitude, his intensity, the way he never gives up on trying to talk to me.

"I've never really had a relationship," I shyly admit. Sure, I've been on a few dates, kissed a couple boys, but a real relationship was never on my radar.

"I haven't in a while but I wouldn't mind trying again. But I want to know why a pretty girl like you hasn't been in a relationship?" he says, my arms hugging the clothes to my chest.

I'm blushing, shrugging my shoulders at his curiosity.

"I kind of like that. No guy has tainted your mind with what he wants from you," he whispers, my eyes looking into his.

"Why me?" I finally ask, his green eyes not afraid of holding our gaze. He seems to encourage it.

"You have tweaked my interest more than any other girl has in my entire life. I've never had a girl with your personality, and I honestly want to see what this could be. I'm not afraid of being upfront with anyone and I frankly just want to be with you. You're cool," he says, my lips curving.

Flushing as I brush my hair behind my ear, I look up at him. "I've never been cool before."

He smiles, running his hand through his hair. I excuse myself to change, taking a pain reliever before walking back to my room. He's sitting on my bed and he looks up at him, his eyes locking with mine.