Part 25

It took me three months to get over my sadness.

It took me two to stop crying myself to sleep at night.

But I finally recovered after I had the help from Will. The hesitancy he had when being near me made me understand that he'll be there now. He took me out for lunch every day just to get my mind off things. We went out to see movies and went for coffee nearly every morning before I had class. The numbing pain from Harry's secret has been lost, but I still have feelings for him. I'll always have feelings for him.

"Do you want to do something tonight?" Will asks, walking me to my new car. I finally bought one after saving for so long.

"Sure," I smile, his hand setting on the small of my back.

"Whatever shall we do?" he smiles, leaning his forehead on mine.

I close my eyes and turn my head before he can kiss me, meeting my cheek instead. It still makes me worry I'm cheating on Harry, but I know I'm not. I just feel so deeply for him still, as if he were a dream that was much too vivid.

"Movie at my place? We could go to the park," he suggests, my lips curving. As I look up at him, his eyes crinkle at the side as he smiles.

"We can go to the park," I say, his head nodding.

"Sounds good. I'll pick you up at seven," he smiles, leaning down again. I quickly peck his lips, not wanting it to last before it transforms into something more.

We part and I drive to my dorm, changing out of my clothes and showering. I put on jeans and a sweater, my body sitting on the bed and turning on the mini TV I had installed in my room.

As I flip through channels, I stop when I see a fighting ring, anxious to see if Harry's on it. His name flashes on the side and I feel my heart race, my body settling back into the pillows.

My eyes nearly come out of my head when I see him, his body at least twice its original size. He looks huge; gigantic in size.

The fight is evenly matched and Harry wins after four minutes before knocking out his opponent. It shocks me to see him so muscular. The man talking says he's going to be interviewed later so I record the next three hours of the channel when I hear a knock on the door.

"Hey Elle," Hanna smiles, my lips curving.

"I just brought your book. We're still on for lunch tomorrow?" she asks, my head nodding.

"Perfect. I'll see you later," she smiles, waving before passing Will on the way out. He smiles when he sees me and I smile, hugging him before we walk out of the dorm together.

Our little date is a hot chocolate and a walk in the park, his hand holding mine. We sit on a bench and share a muffin from the bakery, his eyes never looking away from me.

"Do you want to stay at my place tonight?" he asks, my eyes meeting his.

"Just...to be together. We don't have to do anything, but I'd like it if you would come over," he says, my eyes flickering to look elsewhere.

"I-I don't know," I say, his arm wrapping around me tighter.

"What are you afraid of?" he asks, looking at me and taking in my confusion and torn thoughts.

I turn to look at him and he brushes my hair behind my ear, my lips parting. "I guess I don't know what to expect," I explain, his hand holding my waist.

"I'll sleep with my shirt on. Would that help?" he asks, my lips curving. He's told me how he sleeps in his basketball shorts and boxers and no shirt. It was a weird topic of conversation while watching a movie at his place once.