Part 17

The newsroom is amazing and I smile upon seeing so many invested workers. I follow the editor's assistant and walk into the room, my eyes taking in a well-dressed man.

"Ms. White, a pleasure," he smiles, his features dazzling.

"I, uh, thought I was meeting with a Mr. Ulysses," I say, the name plate saying William Rose.

"Ah, yes, but he was, for lack of a better term, fired," he says, my eyes widening.

"Now, I've looked over your work and I find it amazing. I would enjoy your input on editing," he smiles, my legs crossing. I can't get over how attractive this man is, and I suddenly feel guilty about Harry. I can't do this to him. He's still my boyfriend. I care about him and this would hurt him.

"Would you like to work in my office? I'd prefer that," he says, blue eyes looking mine.

"I-I, sure," I smile, not wanting to ruin this opportunity for myself. This would be a great pathway into my future.

"Great, you'll start next week Monday," he smiles, folding his fingers together over the desk.

"Do you have any outside interests?" he asks, my head shaking.

"Reading and writing," I say, his smile not fading. He's extremely tan, so his teeth seem incredibly white. Plus his light purple shirt makes his eyes and teeth even brighter. Not to mention how muscular he is.

"You're simple. Not high maintenance," he says, my head nodding.

He bites his lower lip and looks me in the eye, clear contemplation written in his features.

"How old are you?" he asks, my fingers fiddling with the hem of my dress.

"Nineteen," I tell him, his head nodding.

"So you have a place of your own, getting through college?" he asks, my lips pressing together.

"I live in a dorm," I tell him, his head nodding.

"Then we should discuss pay," he suggests, my eyes widening and lips parting. My understanding of an internship must be fairly different than his. He throws a number out and I must look shocked for he laughs, nothing near Harry's beautiful one.

"Of course. Anything really," I say stunned, his body getting up.

"Good. I'll escort you out," he says, opening the door to his office. He offers his hand as I stand, his warm hand soon leaving mine as I leave the office.

"What do you really enjoy writing?" he asks, my lips curving.

"The world. World interactions," I smile, his head nodding.

"Very well. I'll get you on that soon," he says, pushing the door open for me. I thank him and walk out, his feet stepping out with me.

"I look forward to Monday," he says, my eyes meeting his again.

"Not many people here look as good as you," he says, my cheeks flushing. Diverting my gaze down, I can't help but feel horrible. I still want Harry. This is going to be so hard.

"Do you have a car?" he asks, my head shaking.

"My boyfriend...dropped me off," I say, his eyes flashing with an emotion before he nods.

"Is he here?"

I shake my head, mumbling 'it's complicated' under my breath. He walks the few steps closer to me and offers a ride, my lips sucking in a breath. So many thoughts pound through my mind and I can't bear to do this to Harry.

"No. I-I'll walk," I say, his eyes looking into mine.

"Are you sure?" I nod, feeling I'd rather not risk it. If I want to be with Harry, I need to be with him. I can't have him show up here with William because he'll go crazy and punch him. That's the last thing I want Harry to do to my new employer.