Part 16

Harry's POV

"Let me out! I don't know what I'm doing here!" I groan, hitting the bars of the custody jail.

"Mr. Styles, you were drunk when you came in here and you were beaten up. Not to mention a girl walked out on you," he says, my eyes widening.

"What? What about a girl?" I say, the officer sighing.

"I don't remember the name but she clearly was done. Said she couldn't do your relationship anymore," he explains, my chest tightening.

"Brown hair, brown eyes, short?" I recap, his head nodding.

I stumble back, falling back onto the bed. I don't remember anything.

My hands cover my face and I feel my head pound, my eyes beginning to water. The sick thought that I ruined our relationship while drunk makes me want to vomit. Plus the fact that I hadn't felt this way about anyone is killing me. I never meant to drink that much; the anger at her father the main reason. This is all my fault.

I wipe my cheeks, crying for the first time in years. "You must care about her," I hear him say, my eyes rolling.

"Don't start," I state, his hand unlocking the holding cell.

"Make things right. You owe her an explanation," he says, my hands wiping my face.

"I'm out?" He nods and I walk out, ignoring the stares I have. I must look a wreck but I don't give a fuck; I need her.

I need Elle.

After walking to the bar and getting into my car, I check the time and sigh. But I think of a way to get her back. I'll get her back; whatever it takes.

I park outside the flower shop and buy her four dozen roses. Forty-eight roses and a desperate man pleading to get a girl back better do the trick. I'll do anything.

Her next class starts and I take a deep breath, not caring if I make a fool of myself in front of fifty people. She's my girlfriend and I owe her the world because of what I put her through last night.

"Harry?" I look over at Hanna and she shakes her head, pushing me out of the room.

"She's not here and she told me she broke up with you," she says, my lips pressing into a straight line.

"Where is she?" I ask, her shoulders shrugging.

"She said she went to a friend's house," she says, my feet walking away.

Her dorm is empty and I look up her foster mom, driving over there. It's not a long distance, but enough to make my nerves high. There isn't much I have to offer, but I hope that she'll want me back.

I knock on the door and Jill opens it, crossing her arms.

"Is Elle here?" I ask, her lips frowning.

"Upstairs."

She doesn't move and I plead, my eyes building with tears yet again. The one thing I barely touched on with Elle was that she's my weakness. Elle's eyes look at me so deeply that if I even lie to her, she'll look right through me.

"Please," I nearly cry, her body moving. The pursuit to her room causes my heart to pound against my chest. I open the door and see her curled on the bed, her eyes purple and swollen, surely from lack of sleep.

My eyes release tears upon seeing her appearance, her cheek bruised and lower lips split. Did I do this to her?

Without thinking, I place a kiss to her forehead and her body stirs. As soon as she opens her eyes, she stumbles out of bed and puts her hands up.