Chapter Four

I actually try to look decent in the morning when I wake. I don't know what it is but I want to actually try to have a status at this school. Unlike at my old school where my only friend was Miss Reese, a young teacher in her twenties who I would eat lunch with everyday. My father said it was fine that I wasn't friends with people my own age, but deep down I knew it saddened him. I hope to make him proud with this new school and this new me. Another part of me wonders if I'm trying hard to look good for Levi, but I push that idea away fast. Not daring to spend a second on it.

"Have a good first day, sweetheart," my mom hands me my backpack as I head out the front door.

"Thanks mom," I speak as I get into my jeep, "I'll make sure to fill you in after school."

•••

Pulling into the school parking lot, I sigh. I look around at all the already made friend groups that are laughing and talking. My eye catches on Levi, noticing that he's alone, nobody approaches him, almost like he's not there.
I get out of the car and we make eye contact. He starts to walk towards me and I try not to notice, he stands an inch away from my shoulder and walks with me, "Did you figure it out?"

"I just got here!" I exclaim.

He smirks, "I can't wait to see your reaction when you figure it out."

"Can you just tell me?" I let out a sigh.

"Princess, that's no fun," he gives me a look I want to erase from his face, "and then you don't get to ask questions."

"Fine, but if I don't know by this afternoon you will tell me," I say sternly.

"Alright. Good luck on your first day," he smirks walking away from me as we walk into the school.

My first class is Honors English. I've always been in Honors English, it's just automatic for me. My mom said I'll probably be the person who creates a new English system. I doubt it. I flip to the first page of my notebook and take notes on what's on the board. Knowing I'm starting a week later than the others I'm going to have to catch up. A pale boy with white hair sits next to me and watches me writing. After the sentence I look up to him.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Admiring your handwriting," he smiles at me.
I just stare at him before saying, "Who are you?"

"Isaiah Myhre," he pauses, "and you new girl?"

"Eleanor Halewood," I think of a nice way to get him away, "now if you excuse me I have notes to write."

"How about you come to my house tonight and you can copy my notes?"

"Thanks for the offer, but I just met you," I fake a smile.

"My banshee girlfriend wouldn't like you anyways if you did," he flips through his book.

"Excuse me? Banshee?" I drop my pen.

He laughs, "don't tell me you don't know what that is? Do you even know what you are?"

"Human, and you?" I want to scream, but I stay quiet.

"Vampire, and you aren't human," he laughs, "you wouldn't be allowed in this school if you were human."

I pause, wondering if this is a joke, "What is Levi Bianchi?"

"Levi? That asshole? He's an Angel of Death. Pathetic," he looks at me smirking, "don't tell me you like that guy, Hale?"

"Halewood," I correct, "and no. Just wondering."

"Alright. Watch your back in this school, and watch others because if you do then they watch yours. You will have to make friends to survive here. Vampires, Banshees, Angels, Fairies, Spirits, Demons, Serpents, Werewolves," he keeps listing off species and I'm speechless.

"Okay! Stop! That's enough! You're going to make me go crazy."

"Oh yeah and the people who went crazy are in the basement," he says as I squeal, "Don't worry Hale, I've got your back."

"Again," I sigh, "It's Halewood."

"Halewood is too long so I'm calling you Hale."

The teacher walks in and starts talking so I mouth to him, "We'll talk later."

A/N: so I want to know what my followers think! Comment which ship you prefer so far, I have no plans for either so it's open for popular vote!
#Eleavi - Eleanor + Levi
#Elesaiah - Eleanor + Isaiah