Chapter Eighteen

Levi pulls the truck up next to the barn. We drove the long way so he didn't have to drop the truck off across from the amusement park. I look in the side-view mirror, my hair still damp from the rain, and the black cami clings to my body. I sigh and get out of the car. Levi is putting blankets in the bed of the truck and pillows.

"What are you doing?" I ask walking up to him.

"I thought we could sleep under the stars tonight," he smiles.

"And if it rains?"

"Then we get wet."

"I hate you."

"I love you too, princess," he hops in the bed of the truck, "now get in."

I obey him and jump into the mess of blankets and pillows. I lay down looking up to the sky. It's now dark and I can see the sliver of moon left. The wind blows through and I shiver, it makes me miss the humid nights in the south. Levi wraps his arms around me and kisses me on the forehead whispering, "Goodnight, princess."

♕︎

I see my mother flung across the living room. Her head slamming against the fireplace, surprisingly she's still conscience although blood is appearing.

"You can't kill me. I'm an angel! I'm immortal!" my mother screams at someone else in the room that I can't see.

"That's the same thing your husband said," the voice bounces in my ears like an echo. Blake is in the room. I turn to my right to see him standing there with Levi right behind him.

"Levi!" I try to scream, but he doesn't seem to notice, "Levi please help her! Please!" I hear my voice crack on the last part and I fall to my knees, tears streaming down my face, "Please."

Blake approaches my mother and kneels down, "We would kill you right here and now but that's not as fun when we can use you as bait," he smirks and turns to face Levi, "Tie her up, Lev, and make sure it's tight this time."

I scream at Levi to stop as he ties up my mother and I see him flinch as I scream at him every cuss word I know. And now I know he hears me, but he's ignoring me. I continue to watch as Levi and Blake drag my mother out of our house.

I fall on my side and curl up on my living room floor in sobs. My face becomes damped in tears and my vision blurs. I look at the fireplace which is covers in my mom's blood and notice that she wrote something with her blood. Do not help me, Eleanor, save yourself.

♕︎

When I wake up, I'm not in my living room. I'm in the bed of Levi's truck, but Levi is not there with me. It wasn't a dream, I realize, Levi actually did help Blake take my mom. That was the last bit of hope I was hanging onto, Levi, but now he just took it away. My mind is now open, I touch my hands to my head, I'm no longer safe and I can no longer trust my own thoughts.

I get in the driver seat of the truck and start it up. I think of places I can go. I can't go to school, I can't go home, and I don't have Levi to help me anymore. I decide the only person I have left to trust is Isaiah. Even though I really don't want to, I decide against myself and start driving towards his neighborhood.