Chapter Thirteen

I should know by now that me leaving school without at least one encounter with Levi is impossible. Right as I get into my black jeep he knocks on the window. I debate between just driving away or actually try having a conversation. I heave a sigh and roll down the window. He gives me a smile and pulls out a dark red rose towards me, "For you."

I take the rose in appreciation and give him a smile, "I didn't know you were that kind of guy."

"What kind of guy did you think I was?" he laughs, "The one that treats you like shit? Trust me, princess, I don't do that."

Another smile before I remember Isaiah's words, "about that, I was talking to Isaiah today-"

"And he told you that I'm a bad guy? Or was it the classic 'you can't trust that asshole'?"

"I mean," I pause, "he showed me something, Levi, something that I'll never be able to forget."

Levi's smile fades, "What did he show you?" He slams his hands on the car when I don't answer, "What did he show you!"

"He showed me Zoe. He showed me what you did to her," I don't meet his eyes because I know if I do then I'll loose myself in them. His eyes are like a black hole that will swallow me up at first chance.

"Zoe? Are you serious? I didn't do that to her! He just blames me because I'm an Angel and he assumes all Angels are supposed to protect because he's a vampire. He doesn't understand our culture! Mr. Asmodeus did that to her!" He screams.

"I would quiet yourself if I were you, Mr. Bianchi," I freeze at the sound of Mr. Asmodeus's voice, "we wouldn't want anyone overhearing my plans, wouldn't we?"

I give Levi a look signaling him to get in the car and he does so as I distract Mr. Asmodeus, "I'm sorry, sir? I don't understand what you're talking about. Levi was just explaining to me more about the Studies of the World since I'm new and all. He got a bit too excited," I fake a giggle.

"I'm pretty sure you aren't learning about me in-"

Before I give him a chance to finish I back out of the parking spot and speed my way onto the main road, "Eleanor, you're not safe now that he knows that you know most of what he's doing. You're going to have to go into hiding and so am I."

"I can't go into hiding! My mom will be furious!" I keep driving even though I don't know where I'm going, my eyes wander off the road at the worst possible second.

I wouldn't have saw it coming. I don't think Levi would have either. My whole body bounces forward on the airbag. My ears buzz as I feel my car roll over and over until I'm upside down. I can't see anything with all the smoke blocking my vision. I try to unbuckle my seatbelt, but I just end up ripping it. I feel my lungs becoming tight as I descend from the smokey car. Crash. Pain. Death. I think to myself in that order. That's how I'm going to die. I roll onto my back and find myself looking at the stormy black clouds. Water spreads across my face as I keep my eyes open watching the rain fall upon me. My black dress becoming drenched in rain and my combat boots are now smoked from the crash.

I look over to my right to find the jeep. As the memories hit me, I think of Levi. Levi. Where is he? That's what motivates me to get up. I struggle as the pain shoots through my whole body, but it doesn't stop me. I need to find him. I need to make sure he's okay. Surely he didn't go far, I hope. I try to speak his name, but no words come out. So instead I scream. I limp on my right ankle and walk around to the other side of the jeep. My eyes catch on Levi's limp body and I give out a small whimper. I hop over to him and fall beside his body. I stroke his short hair out of his eyes. My fingers quiver as I do so. I trace every detail in his face as if I'm trying to memorize it.

"Levi?" I give out a small cry, "Levi, I'm here! I'm safe," I remember speeding my way out of the high school. I was so careless I didn't even check if he had buckled his seatbelt. Fear had overwhelmed me so much that I became weak.

"Princess," the softest whisper I've ever heard comes from the smile across his face. I'm filled with much excitement that I kiss him. I shake as I give him the most gracious kiss I've ever given him.

"You're alive," I laugh with joy.

"I may be an Ang-Angel of Death," he breathes, "but I don't die."

"Can you get up?" I ask him as we lay on the pavement side by side. He nods his head yes. I help him up and he helps me up. I notice that I needed a lot more help getting up than he did.

"I'm so sorry," I screech, "I'm a horrible driver, and my jeep..."

"Princess," he shakes his head, "this wasn't your doing. It was my brother's."