Chapter Fifteen

My phone buzzes on the edge of the tub and I pick it up, trying to be careful enough not to drop it in the water. Across the Caller ID says Unknown Caller. Out of curiosity I answer it, "Hello?"

A chuckle echoes on the other end, "You can't hide for long, Ms. Halewood. I will always be watching you and I will always be pulling down the walls in your head. Only one left before I can take over you. I have to admit, this last one is putting up quite a fight, must be because your humanity is resting on the shoulders of Levi, but I could get him out of the picture very quickly."

"Stop!" I scream into the phone, "I will not let you in! Never!" That's when I jerk away at the sound of knocking on the bathroom door.

"Levi?" I ask, my voice hoarse.

"Yeah, it's me, princess, you okay?" he ask gently.

"How'd you know?" I sigh giving in that I'm not okay.

"Heard you screaming," I can sense the tension in the voice.

"That's not true. You know every time when I have a nightmare and I'd like to know how."

"Fine, it's apart of what I can do. I don't just take souls away to death, but I can sense people's emotions. And I try to focus on yours more than ever," he sighs behind the door.

"I'll be right out," I say as I start draining the water in the tub and wrap myself in a towel, "by the way, do you have any clean clothes I can wear?"

"Of course." he says before returning to the door with a knock. I open to find him holding a pair of skinny jeans, black cami, socks, underwear, bra, and a pair of converse, "These were my sister's. You guys are about the same height and weight, so I'm sure these'll fit."

I take the clothes, giving him a thankful smile, and close the door. My hands shake as I hold the clothes. These were his sister's. His dead sister used to wear these clothes, and now he's letting me wear them. I try not to dwell on the idea, so I just decide to change into them. The bra is a little bigger than what I'm used to, but honestly it's better than my half burnt one sitting with the rest of my clothes. The jeans and cami fit perfectly. I look in the mirror admiring my dark brown wet, wavy, long hair. I used to think I was cursed for my wavy hair, but now I think of it as beautiful. I comb it out, but it springs back to its waviness. I heave a sigh before stepping out of the bathroom to find Levi waiting for me with a desperate look.