Chapter Twenty Three

Apparently Addison is a bragger, she went on and on about how she was an alpha of her pack before Mr. Asmodeus locked her down in the cell. She said she was born with her abilities, and that her parents were too, so she's pure. She talked about how there were a lot of mutts in her pack, and they weren't as strong as the pure. Then, she went on about how her tracking skills have never failed her as we walked into an abandon gas station, where she said Mr. Asmodeus was.

I highly doubt this is where he would hide, looking around the gas station, probably from the late 80's. I don't know why or how this place became abandoned and I don't want to know. I just need to get rid of Mr. Asmodeus, I need this to be done. I want to be free and avenge my parents. Yet, I believed it wouldn't be this easy.

Addison perked up, "I hear someone."

"Is it him?" I ask Addison.

"Heavy footsteps, wearing loafers, and smells like him too," she describes.

Levi prepares himself with the dagger he brought. He informed me that there are weapons that can be used to kill immortals, Painite. A very rare type of gemstone, and yet Mr. Asmodeus found it.

Mr. Asmodeus came into view, he looks the same as he always has been, "Ahh a party? And I was invited?"

I roll my eyes, "It's over, and your days of mind tricking and killing are over," I sound more confident than I feel.

"Hmm, I see, but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve,"

I didn't know what was happening until it was too late. It's like he vanished into thin air and then reappeared. In front of Levi. I looked behind me to find Mr. Asmodeus taking his sword and stabbing it through his chest. I feel myself scream, but I cannot hear it. I can't hear anything. One by one, the people I love have came into my life and then vanish. And now Levi was part with that group. I drop to my knees as Mr. Asmodeus catches Addison off guard as well and stabs her through her heart and twists the sword.
"I don't think a werewolf can heal from that," he chuckles to himself.

I sit on my knees in shock from the recent events, and then he crosses over to me. I look back at Levi's lifeless body and choke on whatever words I was about to speak.

"Eleanor, you foolish girl. All I needed from you is an oath to ally with my commander who summoned me for this job, The Black Angel needs your help," he negotiates with me.

"Who?" my voice cracks.

"I cannot reveal the identity of The Black Angel until you swear alliance."

I feel persuaded at the thought. It felt intriguing until I heard his voice inside my head. Levi's voice. He's tricking you again, wake up, Eleanor, he pleads me.

You're dead, I think back.

No I'm not, he's tricking you again. You need to snap out of it. Levi warns me.

I look up at Mr. Asmodeus grin and take the dagger from the ground. I stand up to face him, "You think you can break me piece by piece to join you, but you're wrong. I already have my alliances formed." I stab the dagger through his heart as he registers what I said and the thought breaks.

I blink my eyes, shocked. I look behind me to see Levi relieved and very well alive, and then turn to see Addison also alive. I hold Levi's dagger in my hands and turn it around.

"Now," I say to Addison.

Addison attacks him from behind and claws his back to keep him from moving. I hold up the dagger and place it in his heart. He speaks softly, but loud enough for me to hear, "You'll never defeat The Black Angel."

I pull back the dagger and Addison lets go of his limo body and it falls to the ground. I drop the dagger on the ground as Levi wraps his arms around me. Mr. Asmodeus is dead, and I have avenged my parents. Unless The Black Angel is real and she is the one who is behind this all. I let the thought go, wanting to be relieved of the pain I have suffered in these past weeks.