Chapter Twenty Four

Levi dropped me off at my house later that night. At first, I refused and asked him if I could stay with him for the night because I didn't want to go in a home where my mother would never return. He told me he had unfinished business with his brother and couldn't let him off the hook.

"Do you know who'll be your guardian yet?" He asked me before I left.

"My aunt, Gracelyn Hadlock, she's my mother's sister," I sigh, "I haven't talked to her since I was little. She lives in Maine."

"Do you have to move to Maine?" His voice becomes worried.

"No, she's moving her. I talked to her on the phone and she said it wasn't a big deal because she grew up here. My mom never told me about it," I don't break eye contact with Levi.

"So, your aunt is supernatural?"

"I guess so. I don't know what she is. I don't even know what my mother was."

"I know what your mother was like I knew what you were. Your mother was a guardian angel, so your aunt is probably one too, but I honestly don't know," Levi informs me.

"When I moved here, you said you knew my father. Care explaining?" I ask him.

"Your father was friends with mine. He would come over sometimes and I got to know him. He and my father would have meetings, and one time I figured out what they were. They knew about The Black Angel and they were trying to figure out who it was. One day, me and my siblings came home from school to find my father and mother laying dead in our kitchen. There was someone else in the room with black wings, but we couldn't see who it was, but I know it was The Black Angel. Whoever he or she was killed my parents and killed your father because they knew too much and weren't helping," Levi explains to me.

"And the nogitsune, Mr. Asmodeus, killed my mother because he was working for The Black Angel," I figure out.

"I assume so," he pauses, "Eleanor, no matter what happens in the next few months, or if something happens to either of us I want you to know I love you and I always will."

I can't help smiling from his words. I never thought I would hear someone say that to me and he just did, "I love you too, Levi."

I know that I'll be safe with Levi watching my back. And when I find out who The Black Angel is, I will make them pay for killing the people I love. Now, all I can do is finish sophomore year and wait for trouble to find me.

A/N: This is the end of Mortem. Yes I will be making a second book because you gotta know who The Black Angel is. I hope you all continue to read my books (: and please vote and comment!!! Estimated wait for the second book: around June 30th of this year probably (: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfmB8IeS6E6ElB7Tp1oOoFfyJozYlXKi5